Quantcast

☆▪︎○⊙°•¤Thursderp¤•°⊙●○▪︎☆

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Had to explain to a stupid person why I cannot weld to rust and rot on his Chevy van. The frame has failed. The rail holding his leaf springs on his frame have crumbled. I got day drunk and had to driven home instead. No pay however...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
ma makes some decent oysters, that's for sure. I've had some from maine before, I think it was Pemaquids, that are way brinier and "oceanier" than the super mellow MA ones, but when in doubt, anywhere on the MA south coast is good.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
what do y'all recommend for chain tools? Because I am fucking retarded, I bought SRAM AXS, which not only requires a special chain, ring, shifters, and derailleur- it also requires a special chain tool. The ones that are compatible range from $20 up to like 80.

The fabric is the smallest and cheapest but the park tools one is only a little more expensive and looks like more of a durable, keep it in the box not in your pack kind of a tool, and I think I like that. I try to avoid pedros as I've had some shitty/low quality experiences, but there are PRO, shimano, and feedback? sports tools available too

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
ma makes some decent oysters, that's for sure. I've had some from maine before, I think it was Pemaquids, that are way brinier and "oceanier" than the super mellow MA ones, but when in doubt, anywhere on the MA south coast is good.
pemaquid is the name of the peninsula damariscotta is on...although the pemaquid oysters probably come from further out on it - damariscotta is where the peninsula hits the mainland. my parents' first place in maine was in damariscotta; when i was 9 they sold it and moved farther out towards pemaquid point.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Honest -4° (before the wind) during the ride tonight.. rode my favorite trail, and it was in mint condition. Too bad my tires were a little too soft so I couldn't push as hard as I wanted to fully take advantage of the conditions. It was too cold to fuck around with a pump to add air... Still, it was a nice night to ride... No complaints.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i love pemaquids. personally i enjoy briny oysters, but they're not for everyone. one thing i love is that there's so much variety in east coast oysters.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
what do y'all recommend for chain tools? Because I am fucking retarded, I bought SRAM AXS, which not only requires a special chain, ring, shifters, and derailleur- it also requires a special chain tool. The ones that are compatible range from $20 up to like 80.

The fabric is the smallest and cheapest but the park tools one is only a little more expensive and looks like more of a durable, keep it in the box not in your pack kind of a tool, and I think I like that. I try to avoid pedros as I've had some shitty/low quality experiences, but there are PRO, shimano, and feedback? sports tools available too
What's the deal with not being able to use a normal park tool one? We just bought AXS for wife's new roadie.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
https://servicearchive.sram.com/sites/default/files/techdocs/gen.0000000005991_rev_c_sram_d1_flattop_chain_compatible_tools.pdf this is the list of compatible models. Regular 12 speed is not flat top compatible.

stopped by a big shop today, they had the 3.2 but not the 3.3 tool I need. Called another one, they don't have it for sale but they have it in the shop. Debating buying or just paying them a few bucks.
My home one is a Park 3.2 that's a couple of years old, which reading, may or may not be compatible...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
well they specify a 3.3, and the 3.2 exists, so I'm going with "not compatible". LBS tried to sell me on the 3.2 but I wasn't about to drop $40 on a chain tool that probably doesn't work. I think the flat top chain is totally different than other 12s chains. The 3.2 says "12s" compatible on it, but the 3.3 specifies AXS compatible...I dunno. I'm still debating buying the fabric one and saving $15.

well they specify a 3.3, and the 3.2 exists, so I'm going with "not compatible". LBS tried to sell me on the 3.2 but I wasn't about to drop $40 on a chain tool that probably doesn't work. I think the flat top chain is totally different than other 12s chains. The 3.2 says "12s" compatible on it, but the 3.3 specifies AXS compatible...I dunno. I'm still debating buying the fabric one and saving $15.
Angle grinder.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
As far as I know the older style chain tools just do not work because their teeth to hold the chain in place won't fit the chain. I guess this is also the reason you can't run a Red chain on an Eagle cassette.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
This mentions they altered the 3.2 to work, then realized they better rename it the 3.3

edit: if my park ct-3.2 isn't and my park ct-5 isn't, then my Pedro's micro-20 should be according to this:

Last edited: