Quantcast

☆☆☆●●●¿¿weds gfmt¿¿●●●☆☆☆

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
one of the guys responsible for dice magazine passed away....bummer.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Yesterday was Valentines Day. I gave my wife a nice bar of Organic dark chocolate and she bought me bacon.

Another 12" of snow is on tap for tonight. I need to get out and enjoy some of what we have now before I start shoveling again. Snowmobile trails should be groomed and riding good by Sunday, hopefully.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Well the 17 mile Butter Gap route I had planned was a bust...Got delayed at the house when I got home so not enough time..:brows: Ended up doing a 8 mile route around the Bent Creek section of Pisgah which is 5 minutes from the house. Then Thai fo Dinner.

On another note Mrs. Dirtrider has been demo'ing a few different bikes in the larger wheel sizes. She currently rides a Specialized Safire 26" and got a taste of the big wheel cool-aid this weekend when she rode a friends Trance and Crabon Evil Following. Well the Crabon Following happens to be for sale, and just so happens to be in her size, and just so happens we bought it. Most expensive V-Day evar.

Coffee in hand. As you were.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The thing I am most excited about today is being able to file my tax return because 1099-B and DIV from my brokerage is finally ready for import into my tax software.

That's just how I roll.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The thing I am most excited about today is being able to file my tax return because 1099-B and DIV from my brokerage is finally ready for import into my tax software.

That's just how I roll.
I already received both refunds. That's how I roll.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Made the wife a lobster, scallop, shrimp and bacon risotto last night. Finished that out with some ice cream over a warm brownie and some sex. Pretty solid effort.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
For Valentine's Day, my wife worked late like she does every night during tax season, while I tended to the household stuff like I do every night during tax season (making dinner and lunches, doing the dishes, tending to the dog, etc). All of that after my 60 minute bike trainer session though, which means I finally got to relax at 9:00. Up early this morning for a 2500 yard swim before work. The pool was dead, which is always nice. Poop time!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Also, having gotten coffee at this particular gas station in the past, I knew it is shitty coffee. I got a large cup anyway, and sure enough it was a lousy cup of coffee. Go figure! I ain't picky when it comes to my coffee, but Jesus Christ.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Witnessed the best thing ever this morning. Dude in a Nissan Rogue was coming onto the freeway, with a foot of snow still piled on the roof. Buddy there tapped the brakes which caused the entire slab of snow to slide down onto the windshield and knocked the wipers into the erect position, forcing him to pull off the road. AWESOME. I betcha he cleans his roof next time it snows. :rofl:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I already received both refunds. That's how I roll.

Y'all motherfuckers need brokerage accounts.
Thank you for pre-empting that one. :D

Witnessed the best thing ever this morning. Dude in a Nissan Rogue was coming onto the freeway, with a foot of snow still piled on the roof. Buddy there tapped the brakes which caused the entire slab of snow to slide down onto the windshield and knocked the wipers into the erect position, forcing him to pull off the road. AWESOME. I betcha he cleans his roof next time it snows. :rofl:
I bet you he continues to be a lazy schmuck. You know I'm right.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Fortunately, I *think* I'm gonna owe the gubmint... so there's no hurry for me.
That's my plan annually. However I took a tax loss and our side income was lower than expected this year, so we might actually be getting money back. That is never my plan, I prefer to pay my taxes at year-end. My to date best has been $16k and I loved (hated) cutting that check because interest.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Field trip today, yay. The rain has returned with a vengeance, but rumor is it will be semi-nice this weekend. Taxes should come in about the time to purchase a moto... See if the boss caves or if she will make me sell the car first.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
My to date best has been $16k and I loved (hated) cutting that check because interest.
Unless you're truly balling with a $160k+ tax burden that has to run afoul of the 10% estimated tax rule and thus have a penalty, no?

I don't like penalties.

Just filed myself. CO monkeys, recall that colorado.gov/revenueonline is the free way to e-file. Don't pay TurboTax to e-file state. I'll be getting ~$2600 back from Federal, ~$700 from state. I've already adjusted from 4 to 6 exemptions on the W-4 so should be closer to even next year.

The greatest part of this was figuring out my wife's net income from her side businesses. This is after the home office deduction for the room(s) she uses.

TurboTax says my audit risk is high. Ruh-oh. Is this irrelevant since the IRS has already accepted my return?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Unless you're truly balling with a $160k+ tax burden that has to run afoul of the 10% estimated tax rule and thus have a penalty, no?

I don't like penalties.
State and Federal aggregate plus it includes FICA from when Wifey was self-employed. Different rules in that case, but we were really, really close to penalty that year.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

I don't like penalties.

Just filed myself. CO monkeys, recall that colorado.gov/revenueonline is the free way to e-file. Don't pay TurboTax to e-file state. I'll be getting ~$2600 back from Federal, ~$700 from state. I've already adjusted from 4 to 6 exemptions on the W-4 so should be closer to even next year.

The greatest part of this was figuring out my wife's net income from her side businesses. This is after the home office deduction for the room(s) she uses.

TurboTax says my audit risk is high. Ruh-oh. Is this irrelevant since the IRS has already accepted my return?
Looks like you are well on your way to having yourself a sugar momma!

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
So, in the interest of not going dirtmcgirk/stinkyboy on myself, I'd decided a couple weeks back, with encouragement from my wife to seek counseling again. Anger has been an issue as well as a great deal of apathy and/or depression. Found a shrink online, set up an appointment, cleared with insurance, yada yada. Got here early to do the whole paperwork thing, nobody in the office, door locked. Hung out in the parking lot, no new cars. Still nobody in the office. First session was supposed to start about 10 minutes ago. Feels like this is a perfect illustration of how my mental state of mind has been lately.

Fuck it. Bought new running shoes at REI on the way over. Going to go run in Garden Of the Gods. Kill list just grew by one. :mad: