Quantcast

☆☆☆Wednesday GMT☆☆☆

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Welcome to Supa Star Wednesday. I'm kind of achy due toyesterday's OTB but it's nothing a hundred dollars can't fix. I'm thinking about a gopro basic, the base model with less features for me to understand.

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OMG hi! 19 miles on the tri bike last night at a fairly hard effort, though evening rush hour traffic and red lights did their best to frustrate the hell out of me. The bike's going to the shop today for some maintenance, including your basic new bike tune up (I've put about thousand miles on it). So, I spent about 30 minutes cleaning it last night so it wouldn't go into the shop a disgusting mess. I didn't realize how filthy the bike had gotten. :dead:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Did a short sprint ride last night, planning to help with a local MTB club ride this evening. I am liking my new tire combo better every day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
@slyfink do your kids go to a contaminated school or something? You guys are always sick!

I am sick. The nose cannot make up it's mind if it wants to prevent me from breathing or if it wants to spew sewage. Scratchy throat kept me up all night, too.

BUT, I didn't call in sick and plan on attending the weekly group tonight.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Not much to report here. Just did a pile of dry and wet sanding last night and will bust out the buffing kit tonight before laying down some polyurethane. Exciting stuff.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Spent the evening getting the camper ready to go work a three day EMT standby then took the dogs out for a two mile walk. The rescue puppy is coming around, he came up to me this morning and we played for a bit. He is settling in very nicely.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Yes, the weather here is predicted to go from shitty this afternoon to severe on Thursday and Friday, yesterday was the best this week has to offer.

Last edited:

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Rode bikes in the woods last night. 17 miles of smiles with 2 stops to the shed. Then I had a beer.

Tonight is Dad makes dinner and does yard work. Looking like Vegetarian California rolls might be in order. My 8 yr old has been going thru her vegetarian phase for the last year or so,

Party.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
it seems mr stanhope is doing a show in boston.....fuuuuuuck.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Uh oh, gangland home invasion in Golden Colorado, time for moar gunz.
Shit sucks.

Big drama up here this week, too. Apparently there was a kidnapping in a condo, so as retaliation or whatever, they shot up a car the other day. They ended up killing a pregnant lady, but the doctors were able to save the baby. Kid was born at 5 months...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
@slyfink do your kids go to a contaminated school or something? You guys are always sick!

I am sick. The nose cannot make up it's mind if it wants to prevent me from breathing or if it wants to spew sewage. Scratchy throat kept me up all night, too.

yes.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Found out that our insurance screwed up and hasn't been calculating our max out of pocket factoring pharmacy and medical. The two different plans have been looking at our $6000 max OOP individually. We'll probably be getting almost $3k back from that isht show. Depending on what the internal audit comes back with, hopefully it's an easy fix and I don't have to escalate the issue. #whitepeopleproblems

Discovered last night that the kitchen sink has been leaking. I'm not sure for how long, but long enough. Looking at where the leak is coming from, it's from poor installation when the kitchen was remodeled. Also trying to fix a tile in the bathroom but I can't find a replacement that matches. Wifey might push for the bathroom remodel of this... Audi or bathroom. Might be a hard call for her.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Uh oh, gangland home invasion in Golden Colorado, time for moar gunz.
Fella that got stabbed is teacher (middle school I think, I have friends who's kids he's taught) and bad-ass mountain biker. Well known and liked around these parts. Perps that broke in got the wrong house, apparently.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Here. Found out that our insurance screwed up and hasn't been calculating our max out of pocket factoring pharmacy and medical. The two different plans have been looking at our $6000 max OOP individually. We'll probably be getting almost $3k back from that isht show. Depending on what the internal audit comes back with, hopefully it's an easy fix and I don't have to escalate the issue. #whitepeopleproblems

Discovered last night that the kitchen sink has been leaking. I'm not sure for how long, but long enough. Looking at where the leak is coming from, it's from poor installation when the kitchen was remodeled. Also trying to fix a tile in the bathroom but I can't find a replacement that matches. Wifey might push for the bathroom remodel of this... Audi or bathroom. Might be a hard call for her.
Just tell her you'll put in a mismatched tile. Get her the car. :D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
hi.
skied a basin yesterday, gonna get in a half day today then vamamnos back to boulderlandia.
other than that...life is bleh.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Fella that got stabbed is teacher (middle school I think, I have friends who's kids he's taught) and bad-ass mountain biker. Well known and liked around these parts. Perps that broke in got the wrong house, apparently.
Yep, wrong house. 4 idiots with a knife and club, two in custody. Others identified and at large. Intended house was rumored to have drugs. :disgust1:

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Skibunny Flyby!! :pilot:

Miss you guys! Been busy with work and home life... Just took the son to Maui with me to visit my sister from another mister who lives there in a yurt! The first night we rolled up country roads in the dark in the convertable Lucas convinced me to rent. All the wild boars had a wild hair up their ass and they were screaming non stop, plus deer barking (yes, they do on Maui!), and geckos chirping. These were all strange noises to two WA natives who had never been there and were all alone (my friend had kindly left us the bed and gone to her bf's for the night) in a canvas yurt during a storm, the sides flapping against the lattice and the rain pummeling us... it was deafening. Our eyes were glued to the ceiling. At about 3am, Lucas rolls over and says "Mom... this is like a nightmare!!!" And then we just busted up laughing because we knew when we woke up we would be in the most beautiful place... we just hadn't seen it yet! I saw a real moon bow that night too over the Haleakala volcano that night too. That was rad. We had such a great time, and so many stories! I will have to figure out how to upload a couple pics from my phone. I'm pretty sure you guys will like the bull about to ram the red Camaro. (We were on the ranch!)

Good time, how are you all!! xoxo :cheers:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Shaved for the first time since November. Begin my corporate indoctrination today. Easy stuff, just providing identification and collecting my ID badge. I assume the chip doesn't get implanted until next week.

Not raining. If no bullshit pops up will get in a ride later.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Miss you guys! Been busy with work and home life... Just took the son to Maui with me to visit my sister from another mister who lives there in a yurt! The first night we rolled up country roads in the dark in the convertable Lucas convinced me to rent. All the wild boars had a wild hair up their ass and they were screaming non stop, plus deer barking (yes, they do on Maui!), and geckos chirping. These were all strange noises to two WA natives who had never been there and were all alone (my friend had kindly left us the bed and gone to her bf's for the night) in a canvas yurt during a storm, the sides flapping against the lattice and the rain pummeling us... it was deafening. Our eyes were glued to the ceiling. At about 3am, Lucas rolls over and says "Mom... this is like a nightmare!!!" And then we just busted up laughing because we knew when we woke up we would be in the most beautiful place... we just hadn't seen it yet! I saw a real moon bow that night too over the Haleakala volcano that night too. That was rad. We had such a great time, and so many stories! I will have to figure out how to upload a couple pics from my phone. I'm pretty sure you guys will like the bull about to ram the red Camaro. (We were on the ranch!)

next time i go to maui i should stay in a yurt. when wife and i went we stayed at a 5 star resort amongst manicured golf courses. not exactly our cup of tea, but it was free so i can't complain.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan

Same here. I've been downplaying how poor I feel to the wife so she won't rise up against my plans to ride pumptrack tonight.

Going to be in meetings all day. They are at Ecology, about bringing one of their permit processes into the 21st century. All day about such things...

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Skibunny Flyby!!
:wave:

Shared a couple dozen incredible oysters last night, and had some salmon and wine. I was done.
Working, it's not snowing (at the moment) and hope to ride tomorrow and a bunch over the weekend.

skied a basin yesterday
How are conditions still? I think I'm going to grab a day ticket, or do some hiking with a friend on Berthoud Pass.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
next time i go to maui i should stay in a yurt. when wife and i went we stayed at a 5 star resort amongst manicured golf courses. not exactly our cup of tea, but it was free so i can't complain.
I will send you to my sister from another mister! Then you could stay for free again and experience real island life :) She is a caretaker for an orchard/garden/helps with the ranch on the side of the volcano and the land owner provides the yurt and a plumbed outdoor structure for kitchen/bathroom. Seriously, she is the most grounded, kind woman and she would open her yurt to you. :) Just say the word!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
How are conditions still? I think I'm going to grab a day ticket, or do some hiking with a friend on Berthoud Pass.
Dude, lemme know if you wanna go to A-Basin. I bought a 3-Pass and have only used 2 of the days, was planning on maybe going up for closing day, whenever that is.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Just back back from rehab, I think I have about 6 more sessions before I am turned loose. I took it easy today on the rowing machine but my shoulder is still tied up in knots. I'll have to work extra hard at doing nothing at work if I'm going to get a ride in this afternoon.

Last edited:
those two pot plants you found?
Gazania, Brussels sprouts, snapdragons, a chrysanthemum; lettuce, datura, parsley, celery already in. Other stuff is in greenhouse waiting for the weather to mature a little.

The geckos you hears were probably coqui frogs.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Last time I was in Maui I stayed with a friend bof a friend who was squatting in a foreclosed Oceanside mansion. Super sketchy but was nice. It was an eye opening experience. There is definitely a dual economy, one for the locals, one for the rich white people and tourists.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
What house is ever the right house? Stupid punks.
That's the thing ... for a relatively quiet and safe community, many people I know who live here are armed to the teeth. They must have thought they could steal some drugs/money and the victims wouldn't call the cops because drugs/money.

Jeez, if you want dope here you go to the store! Idiots.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Gazania, Brussels sprouts, snapdragons, a chrysanthemum; lettuce, datura, parsley, celery already in. Other stuff is in greenhouse waiting for the weather to mature a little.

The geckos you hears were probably coqui frogs.
Definitely geckos, I watched them on the ceiling chirping. These ones were pinkish white and translucent, very interesting little fellas!