Quantcast

☜✌ Dead behind the eyes thursday ☜✌

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Moar job hunting, a bit of freelance work, and a bike ride. These are thing I will consider possibru accomplishing after I have coffee.

Atomic Dog

doesn't have a custom title yet.
Oct 22, 2002
In the basement at Weekly World News
Couldn't put a finger on why it felt like I was being so productive this morning until I realized I never opened Outlook when I got here. 30 minutes of glorious lack of bullshit.

Short work day due to offsite work department holiday beers. Coworker has decided she is taking an Uber there so she can drink too much, what could possibly go wrong? Last day of work until Jan. 2 at least.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
-6°F, feels like -27°F with the wind. Can confirm from my bike ride in, that it is indeed cold. woke up at 04:40 for no discernible reason. fts.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
^ cold!
Only about 15F Freedumms with gusty wind here but I am obviously a pussy, my face got very uncomfortable while walking the streets of Boston this morning. Hoping for a short, event-less day; mayybe there is going to be a social night ride in the woods in low temps today, we shall see.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
1st day not fully committed to a project in many years. I feel adrift, and loving it.
Getting yet another windshield installed this morning, and reviewing financial reports with the FNG. Then trying to find a haircut over lunch and maybe having a beer whilst I wax skis after work.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Leaving work early yesterday to ride was a success. Met friends, rode bikes, consumed BBQ, drove home, took a nice hot shower and went to bed. I'm off tomorrow, so 3 day weekend, then just have to work Monday and probably 1/2 day Tuesday and off for 5.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Ah shit. Supposed to be looking at plane reservations to Austria/Germany for spring. God I hate doing International flight research.Might follow Toshi's lead and drop le kids off first though cause this coffee is on time.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had a phone screening with an agency recruiter this morning about a director position. I'll be meeting him in person Monday for a more thorough conversation. But, I passed the first test.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Hannah's already doing better, but Wifey's stuck at home with her today. She is going to try to find somebody to come watch her for the day so that she can work. I can't fathom the cost of that, but you gotta do it sometimes.

Figured out last night why my admin is so fucking good - she has a degree in mathematics from UT and is WAY overqualified for it. Her husband is a pro athlete; they move with him, so she doesn't lock down into a permanent type position. Cool for her though.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Still not sure how I feel about today. I wore slacks (Dickies) and my new Adidas's and will tuck my shirt in before I get there. This could be really cool and I am holding on to that.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
you can list me as a reference.
I may need it! I can't list any of the people at my current job because I can't let word get out that I am looking or there will be a shit storm. And my last employer was nearly 20 years ago and I was there a year, and the one before that is no longer in business.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I may need it! I can't list any of the people at my current job because I can't let word get out that I am looking or there will be a shit storm. And my last employer was nearly 20 years ago and I was there a year, and the one before that is no longer in business.
Welcome to the circus. Can you enlist someone you have done business with in your present role? Validating references typically involves someone confirming you did the job, and you weren't a dick.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Welcome to the circus. Can you enlist someone you have done business with in your present role? Validating references typically involves someone confirming you did the job, and you weren't a dick.
I've got plenty of folks like that I can use. I told the recruiter I'll get him references when I need to, and he was fine with that.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
My understanding is that references generally only get "checked" when the company is serious about making you an offer. So, if that's the case, maybe you can provide references of people you work with later in the process, when you are pretty confident that you're getting an offer?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The ladyfriends dad's cat went ape shit last night. Damn thing made so much noise at 3am. Ughhh. And all that after I got a new laser pointer to play with last night!

Have also been taking the stairs at the condo. Fourteen floors is nice on the legs for this fatty. The dog isn't enthused about it.

Le tired.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Dropped my fucking S9, glass on back shattered. Drinking an Otter Creek Drip Drop.
:rofl:

I've got an S8 - shattered the shit out of the back glass within a week (before I received the case I ordered). Then shattered the front on a trip to the Wind Rivers on a block of granite at the top of Fremont Peak.

Luckily, I just received a new S9 and am going to case it up good this time. :D

Back glass... who the FUCK thought that was a good idea?

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
busy thursday down here in gloomfield. need to go get some drone footage of the new building, may use that as an excuse to get BBQ for lunch.
made trout foil packets last nite. toasted panko, sliced olives & pickled asaigio crumbles made it pussy poppin good