Quantcast

☠☠☠☠ Two derps GMT ☠☠☠☠

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Moar wingdings because more derp. After a botched internal reorg, work situation is deteriorating into a total derpistan-absurdistan. Also weather goes from snow to rain and mess in the next 48 hours.

I truly hope they'll deliver heating oil today.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Objectively I did more work in my half day shift then did either of my full day colleagues yesterday. It wasn't even parity: try 27 for me vs. ~20 for each of them.

:facepalm:

This is why I'm looking to defect elsewhere.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. Last day of Ski Trip 2017 and we're doing Breck today. I am beat to hell. :dead: Normally we spend all day skiing the hard terrain, but we had to hit some Keystone groomers yesterday to give the legs a break.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Fun morning forgetting everything. Truck has no tail lights, car is waiting to be worked on (I can drive it, but not for much longer before fix), good thing the wife is still laid up so I can steal her ride. 3+ hours of meetings today, ugh.

On a lighter note, I took the company self health assessment to qualify for my $200 reimbursement. The pool is $160 a year, so now I can do laps like the cool kids here. :D

So I got a ton of specs for my moto project drawn up yesterday and if I do get a bonus, I can swing a newish bike. Winning (yet still fat for now). Lets kick this day in the nuts already.

<edit> Homeboy pulled in $270k working "overtime" hiding in closets.

A spokeswoman from BART said Zhang was paid every day in 2015 because he “signs up for every overtime slot that becomes available.
There was a dude at Intel like this, turned out he was putting bricks (24 total) of Pentium CPU's in his lunchbox and shipping them to China to sell on the black market. :rofl:

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Lifts open at Ten...

View 24 Hour Summary
View Snowfall Graphs
Raw Data Directory
View Station Info

Avalanche events map
Field observations
Snowpit details
Snowpack summaries
Printer friendly format
CURRENT CONDITIONS (Mountain Weather Past 24 Hours)
At 10,400' Elevation: 5 AM Temp Max Temp Avg Wind Direction Avg. Wind Speed Max Wind Gust
Rendezvous Summit 12 º F 21 Southwesterly 30 71
View Temperature and Wind Graphs View Summit 48 Hr Wind Graph

Location Snowfall/Prec. Total Snow Depth Total Snowfall
At 9,300' Elevation
(Raymer Plot) 15"/ 1.50 102" 348"
At 9,580' Elevation
(Rendezvous Bowl Plot) 8"/ 0.80" 121" 388"
At 8,800' Elevation
(Chief Joseph Plot) 9"/ 0.90" 97" 303"

NWS - RPK forecast
NWS Discussion
NWS Riverton, WY
Western US Satellite Loop
NE Pacific Satellite Loop
Mountain Weather Forecast for Today
Expect overcast skies and periods of moderate to heavy snowfall through this evening followed by lighter snow showers and decreasing cloud cover overnight.
Temperature Forecast for 8,000´-9,000´: Rising into the mid 20s.
Ridge Top Wind Forecast for 10,000´: Southwesterly to westerly at 15 to 25 miles per hour.
Snowfall Expected Next 24 Hours: 6 to 9

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
If you get a bonus fix your existing cars so you can get them off the blocks in the front yard. :D
That bitch will be up on blocks while I swap out the wheel bearings, that's for sure. :rofl:

Actually, if I do it right, I can just lift one wheel at a time.

Non-serviceable wheel bearings. Just replace the whole hub.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Today just got far more difficult and frustrating than it should be. I've been helping MIL with her investments and called her today to go through that. She casually mentioned that Wifey's gma is truly on deathbed now and just forgot to bring it up. The aunts and uncles all flew out last week and she just forgot to mention it. WTF?!
Wifey is a VERY emotional individual and really needs lead time to know that changes like these are happening, especially so that she knows that she has to see her soon.

We're lucky that she's in CA for a work meeting, so she can go down to see her, but it's not that clean. It's a C-level meeting and she is presenting, so she needs to be 100%. If I tell her that Gram's at end she will be useless for the rest of the day AND she's alone in SF. I have to get her cousin (effectively sister) involved under the pretext of getting dinner, so that she can take her down to see Gram without telling her during the day and blowing up her meeting.

To add insult to injury, mgmt just decided to reschedule the meeting to Thursday and we have an appt Thursday evening to go see a house a second time that we are likely to put an offer on. Massive, sweaty ball cluster fuck.

And Haley was a massive little shit this morning leading me to be late to work. I feel like Alexander and the terrible, horrible, very bad day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Here. Today just got far more difficult and frustrating than it should be. I've been helping MIL with her investments and called her today to go through that. She casually mentioned that Wifey's gma is truly on deathbed now and just forgot to bring it up. The aunts and uncles all flew out last week and she just forgot to mention it. WTF?!
Wifey is a VERY emotional individual and really needs lead time to know that changes like these are happening, especially so that she knows that she has to see her soon.

We're lucky that she's in CA for a work meeting, so she can go down to see her, but it's not that clean. It's a C-level meeting and she is presenting, so she needs to be 100%. If I tell her that Gram's at end she will be useless for the rest of the day AND she's alone in SF. I have to get her cousin (effectively sister) involved under the pretext of getting dinner, so that she can take her down to see Gram without telling her during the day and blowing up her meeting.

To add insult to injury, mgmt just decided to reschedule the meeting to Thursday and we have an appt Thursday evening to go see a house a second time that we are likely to put an offer on. Massive, sweaty ball cluster fuck.

And Haley was a massive little shit this morning leading me to be late to work. I feel like Alexander and the terrible, horrible, very bad day.
Perhaps the world is telling you to not acquire a larger mortgage. :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Perhaps the world is telling you to not acquire a larger mortgage. :D
Nah. More mtge = more better schools. I can adjust lifestyle notably if that's what it takes for Haley to get better schooling.

Side note: I would have peed myself more than slightly here.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
On a lighter note, I took the company self health assessment to qualify for my $200 reimbursement. The pool is $160 a year, so now I can do laps like the cool kids here. :D
It turns out that laps are very relaxing and a good way to start your day, I've only been at it for a month or so but my urge to kill people on their cell phones has gone away. I have noted that the cool kids have Ipod Swims. I am opposed to all things Apple and will never attain that level of cool.

Just another sub zero Tuesday around here, much of Montana got large amounts of snow but where I live only saw just under 4 inches. From what I hear the 3 plus feet of fresh powder in the Whitefish Kalispell area is an epic once every 10 or 20 year opportunity.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It turns out that laps are very relaxing and a good way to start your day, I've only been at it for a month or so but my urge to kill people on their cell phones has gone away. I have noted that the cool kids have Ipod Swims. I am opposed to all things Apple and will never attain that level of cool.

Just another sub zero Tuesday around here, much of Montana got large amounts of snow but where I live only saw just under 4 inches. From what I hear the 3 plus feet of fresh powder in the Whitefish Kalispell area is an epic once every 10 or 20 year opportunity.
I usually just make whale noises to keep myself occupied. So few people call back...

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I noticed when I was a boat owner (a boating enthusiast or you Mitch fans) that my swimming skills were not as awful as I feared. I grew up swimming (water polo and surfing in high school) and enjoyed it, but it isn't as common in Oregon. Not as many personal pools and water activities are limited to rivers.

I am making a point to swim for both relaxation and fitness.

Dammit, that man was a genius.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The heck is with people trying to talk to me, while I'm clearly in a meeting on the phone??

Kill list, all of them!