Quantcast

☠☠☠☠ Two derps GMT ☠☠☠☠

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I love NAPA. They have the tail light circuit boards for my '92 Silverado. Interestingly enough, the right one is a buck more than the left. :rofl:

They have 4 lefts and a right on the shelf. He pulled one each for me. I am taking @stevew advise and taking off early to put the fix in before dark.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Also keep in mind that I'm contemplating moving somewhere where I'd pay :monocle: money and a half for a place much smaller than Stoney's or my current digs.

But you won't catch me paying for private schools! Equity >> tuition.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
@stoney - if you are REALLY serious about the better schools... you really should get into the Cherry Creek school district. :homer:

Oh - and don't discount the option of choicing-in to a school if you *really* want a specific one. People 'round here do it all the time... it's more work on your part, but you'll be paying yourself with the smaller mortgage.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@stoney - if you are REALLY serious about the better schools... you really should get into the Cherry Creek school district. :homer:

Oh - and don't discount the option of choicing-in to a school if you *really* want a specific one. People 'round here do it all the time... it's more work on your part, but you'll be paying yourself with the smaller mortgage.
I think the message you're all missing is Mrs stoney is a delicate flower.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Greetings asshats. Woke up yesterday and promptly expelled the contents of my GI from both ends. Needless to say tomorrow will be my first day of work for the week.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Move to some cheap district with poor schools, quit your job, let your wife be the breadwinner, and spend lots of time with Haley.

Sort of like this: http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2015/02/16/if-i-ran-the-school-things-would-be-different/

If you do get the big house then at least make sure that private schools are off the table.
She will be going public. The schools in the south/southeast parts of HR are top tier schools. Elementary schools are top CO rated schools, middle schools are not surprisingly the same, and the high schools - Mountain Vista and Rock Canyon - are #26 and #15 rated in the state, #746 and #501 nationally accordingly. Wifey and I both went to really good CA schools and they are far lower down the national rungs.

We missed the choice-in window and don't want to change schools on her once she gets enrolled. We want the school to be a neighborhood school, so her classmates live nearby. Also, the schools on that end of HR are in-line with the CC schools.

Trust me. We've put a lot of thought into this.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
If you're dead set on the bigger mortgage... just don't say we didn't warn ya. :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

I was in the Cherry Creek school district... my parents moved us east down Arapaho Road to make it happen then we ended up moving to Issaquah WA which actually had much better schools. Even as an asshole teenager I could tell the difference. That was 1979 when Highlands Rance was an actual ranch with virtually no development south of county line road. Thems were good times.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was in the Cherry Creek school district... my parents moved us east down Arapaho Road to make it happen then we ended up moving to Issaquah WA which actually had much better schools. Even as an asshole teenager I could tell the difference. That was 1979 when Highlands Rance was an actual ranch with virtually no development south of county line road. Thems were good times.
That's cool. It's like where I grew up in OC. There was basically nothing behind my house up to Costa Mesa; total freedom. Now there are two open space parks, one of which developers have tried to purchase. Very different world.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I don't think Mrs stoney is a delicate flower.
Equity is retirement.
Cash flow is retirement. Equity (edit: in property) is only a benefit to borrow against or if you cash out.

@stoney and the wonderful mrs. stone would be better served by investing the delta between their super nice home and the next superer nicerer home in some rental properties in the area.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Holy ice batman.

Some sort of accident on the way home tonight, on the freeway. Witnessed two d-bags reverse partway up an onramp, then turn around and drive up the onramp.....the fuck???

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
New forecast: 8-14" in Boston on Thursday. Fvck the office again! Skiing on Friday should be mint.
On a side note, there's not enough IPA in the world to release my mind from plotting some terrible revenge for the betrayal at work.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Job offer received. Initial offer came in a bit higher than my current salary for base pay, but with a bonus target at 15% as opposed to my current 10%, which was a pleasant surprise. Going to call tomorrow and see if I can get the base up a bit to what I would consider a slam dunk (and overall better than expected) and will accept.

Fingers crossed.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
No but there could be a lesson here. For us. On bullshit to look out for.
Never trust anyone, especially during reorgs. Also, having a boss who is also his own boss (i.e. a VP promoted to CEO who now does both jobs) creates power vacuum that other people will happily fill.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
It was sunny and in the 70˚+ toady and oddly little foot traffic in the art hood so I went to Thuper Awethum and did some riding and trail work until dark. Only had my small bar light to get back with, which made bermed switchbacks oh so not fun.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I don't think Mrs stoney is a delicate flower.

Cash flow is retirement. Equity (edit: in property) is only a benefit to borrow against or if you cash out.

@stoney and the wonderful mrs. stone would be better served by investing the delta between their super nice home and the next superer nicerer home in some rental properties in the area.
I do not challenge this in the slightest.