Quantcast

☠☠☠ Turdsday GMT ☠☠☠

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Wake up mammals!

New crabon rim in da house. Tempted to get the new Wolftooth dropper remote before its sold out. And moar beer. :think:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Hrmf. Uptown museum closed today, as is kids' school. Thanks O'StateOfEmergency!

If wife wasn't out of town, I'd be headed for the hills with my bike. Drizzly outside. Guess we'll just hang at the house and chill.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Hrmf. Uptown museum closed today, as is kids' school. Thanks O'StateOfEmergency!

If wife wasn't out of town, I'd be headed for the hills with my bike. Drizzly outside. Guess we'll just hang at the house and chill.
Sounds like a good wheel truing day! ;)
(oops I forgot 26" alloy wheels never go out of true :neo:)

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got roped into some bullshit power point project sponsored by some executive team with questionable purpose.

Sensing that I was cynical of the exercise one of the jr execs pulled me aside and explained the corporate executive welfare system, eye opening.

Happily to retreated to the noise and filth of the factory and something resembling real work.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Morning fellas, my tree stand arrived yesterday and is now all assembled. Going out when the wife gets home to learn how to climb tree's!
So far nothing in the freezer this year as far as hunting goes. Had some close encounters but no connection with the bow. Think after learning how to use the climbing tree stand I will take a hike in the hills with the shotgun and get some birds to roast up.

Either way, out of doors fun will be had

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
10:00, 11:00, and 2:00 meetings all cancelled today for various unrelated reasons. I am not sure winning $20 million in the lottery would leave me feeling this much happiness. I think I'll go celebrate with a poop.

Three day weekend trip to Kingdom Trails awaits. Well, I have a 20 mile run to do tomorrow morning before we head up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello. Have to work late tonight, kind of sucks. Actually no it does suck, not just kind of sucks. I'd rather go riding.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Woke up this morning feeling unusually well rested to find out my phone had died and I had overslept. Yay, sleep. Early meeting, so I drove in. Actually made good time, too. Day full 'o meetings, so productivity will be minimal.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Wife flew out to CO this morning to take care of my mom for 6 days, so it's me and the boys until then.

Let's see how quickly things go to shit at home without her.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So far nothing in the freezer this year as far as hunting goes. Had some close encounters but no connection with the bow. Think after learning how to use the climbing tree stand I will take a hike in the hills with the shotgun and get some birds to roast up.

Either way, out of doors fun will be had
I just need to install a walk in freezer and lay down a trail of flowers from our garden.

dinner.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sensing that I was cynical of the exercise one of the jr execs pulled me aside and explained the corporate executive welfare system, eye opening.
Spill the beans. Do they get Mittens-level balances in their deferred compensation plans?

I am at work. I am not particularly excited about this, but the bills don't let up.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This. Fuck it.

At least the pigeons are mad that the solar panels are coming down. Because fuck them.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spill the beans. Do they get Mittens-level balances in their deferred compensation plans?

I am at work. I am not particularly excited about this, but the bills don't let up.
I was not informed of compensation but the basic circle jerk of ideas and bad decisions with no accountability. I assume compensation is based on business buzz word bingo and quality of business cards.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was not informed of compensation but the basic circle jerk of ideas and bad decisions with no accountability. I assume compensation is based on business buzz word bingo and quality of business cards.
if it's anything like my org, compensation for directors and higher, a substantially increased amount of annual compensation comes from bonus. bonus being based on performance, driven by G&O. their G&O are often totall puff, so it's easy to hit the "exceeds expectations" mark

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
if it's anything like my org, compensation for directors and higher, a substantially increased amount of annual compensation comes from bonus. bonus being based on performance, driven by G&O. their G&O are often totall puff, so it's easy to hit the "exceeds expectations" mark
Sounds like my old company. And then the actual folks doing the work get "does not meet expectations" because "don't worry - we had to give that to everyone this year."

Cockgobblers.

:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sounds like my old company. And then the actual folks doing the work get "does not meet expectations" because "don't worry - we had to give that to everyone this year."

Cockgobblers.

My section's getting the full bonus this year.

StiHacka

Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My new company... while much the same as the old in many operational respects... at least (pretends?) to respect the work that the technical people do.
"We respect you and your effort - as long as our virtual goals are met and we all collect our bonuses"
5% of annual salary for worker bees
40% for directors
150% for VPs and up

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Just discovered that mice destroyed the side pocket of my newish camelbak last night.

This is war.:mad:

amishmatt

Turbo Monkey
Sep 21, 2005
Lancaster, PA
Morning, er, afternoon. Early board meeting this morning, which always means too much coffee and not enough food, so I'm all kinds of fried.

Also, my new Iphone 6 that I was just issued two days ago has shit the bead already. Apparently, although it's not my phone, I'm on my own to take it to an Apple store for service/warranty. First available appointment is 5:00 on Saturday. Awesome, I was planning to be drunk by then.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My new company... while much the same as the old in many operational respects... at least (pretends?) to respect the work that the technical people do.

When I was at GE our division had a awesome year. Our CEO decided to cancel the bonus plan so our division could be the most profitable. In lieu of a bucket of cash we all received a $10 plaque. Many of them ended up glued to the backs of urinals.

Needless to say morale and productivity plummeted. CEO who worked on a different bonus program got paid.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
When I was at GE our division had a awesome year. Our CEO decided to cancel the bonus plan so our division could be the most profitable. In lieu of a bucket of cash we all received a $10 plaque. Many of them ended up glued to the backs of urinals.

Needless to say morale and productivity plummeted. CEO who worked on a different bonus program got paid.
You would think, being a CEO, he could have anticipated this. :disgust1: