Quantcast

☭☭☭Thud GMT☭☭☭

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Grand morning monkeys.

Shitheel coworker seemed to be at his breaking point yesterday. I expect he will be taking another vacation. In other news I don't really care. Background check will not be completed by March 7 the earliest so I will still have to trudge through a few more weeks here. Of course if they find that family in that Iowa cornfield I may not have that new job.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Now you have said too much. Morning, final day in the Missouri paradise. Am I on a plane home, yet? There is a new 6" Easton dropper waiting for me there.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Morning.

Getting over this damn cold. I think I coughed up an entire lung this morning. Good think I still have another one.

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Top of the morning.

Someone butt dialed me at 230am and my phone wasn't on mute. Couldn't get back to sleep so got up and went to work at 4am. Drank an unhealthy amount of coffee and now it's only 9 and I've gotten nearly a whole day's work done. Too bad trails got blasted by rain and shit-wind yesterday so dipping out early to go ride is off the table...

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Morning. shit day out there today. a couple of inches of snow fell yesterday, which turned to rain overnight, and will turn back to snow later today. the roads are about 2" of ice with standing water everywhere. a total shit show.

at least the school buses ran and school is open. I didn't really want to have to stay home with the kids today.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
waiting for the coffee to do it's job. So the wife is dragging me to SF on Saturday to meet up with her Brother and his wife and together we will become enculturated at a Photography exhibit consisting of images taken during the civil rights movement of the 60's. Wanna bet the government is going to be taking surveilance photos of all the "radicals" flocking to this one.....

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, friends! I tell you what, you guys are all pretty darn terrific. :clapping:

2350 yard swim with the masters group this morning. My fastest avg pace yet, which is the second time this week I can say that (2:14 pace is still slow as shit though). I felt good and was bummed that I had to stop and get to work. #swimmonkey

I have an employee who's last day is tomorrow. Today she called in sick for both today and tomorrow. JHFC. Apparently she has a caught a bad case of FTS IDGAF.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Finally the rain stopped and I am back on the bike. Not feeling great though my cold returned as soon as I was back in NYC. I should live somewhere warm.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Full moon ride last night. Tired. Work.

Got pulled over for doing a burnout last night. My feet were frozen solid from the ride and I was having trouble modulating my pedals. Cop laughed at me and told me to get better winter booties.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Full moon ride last night. Tired. Work.

Got pulled over for doing a burnout last night. My feet were frozen solid from the ride and I was having trouble modulating my pedals. Cop laughed at me and told me to get better winter booties.
///M people problems.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Top of the morning.

Someone butt dialed me at 230am and my phone wasn't on mute. Couldn't get back to sleep so got up and went to work at 4am. Drank an unhealthy amount of coffee and now it's only 9 and I've gotten nearly a whole day's work done. Too bad trails got blasted by rain and shit-wind yesterday so dipping out early to go ride is off the table...
Yep - you up in the triangle? It's trail clearing and jump-n-berm building weather!

Finally the rain stopped and I am back on the bike. Not feeling great though my cold returned as soon as I was back in NYC. I should live somewhere warm.
c'mon down!

Solo dad today and tomorrow. Although I have to do more running around with the kids it typically feels easier. Don't know if I'll be able to escape for a ride this weekend; right not the weather and calendar are looking good for a ///mountains monday though.

c'mon coffee!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Good morning! Last night I went to a beer tasting sensory class. I scored 100% at tasting "off tastes". There was the regular beer, in this case Deschutes' mirror pond. Then there were 5 samples of it with some off flavor. Woot
IMG_20160225_074715.jpg

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Solo dad today and tomorrow. Although I have to do more running around with the kids it typically feels easier. Don't know if I'll be able to escape for a ride this weekend; right not the weather and calendar are looking good for a ///mountains monday though.

c'mon coffee!
I've got solo dad from Sunday to Friday. This could get interesting

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yep - you up in the triangle? It's trail clearing and jump-n-berm building weather!

c'mon down!

c'mon coffee!
No more long driving for me for a little while after our 3400 mile trek.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
BMW couldn't pony up the technology for traction control?
No doubt broken. :D

I rolled in 15 minutes late. Chairman is also working in the same reading room as me today. No one seemed to care.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
BMW couldn't pony up the technology for traction control?
My buddy recently sold an E55 ///AMG, which had the most unreal traction control I'd ever experienced. Driving on packed snow roads, GOBS of hp available, and it was nearly impossible to get the car squirrely on purpose.
das war die Scheiße , yo.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My buddy recently sold an E55 ///AMG, which had the most unreal traction control I'd ever experienced. Driving on packed snow roads, GOBS of hp available, and it was nearly impossible to get the car squirrely on purpose.
das war die Scheiße , yo.
On the M, the traction control is wheel locking via brake. I've gotten used to the car sliding tiny amounts under acceleration so when it locks up, it totally changes the balance of the car which is sketchy as hell.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
managed to reset my phone ptting it in yhe case the wrong way last night....

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
when i was in high school a cheerleader was rear ended into a dump truck carrying a load of hot asphalt...the dump truck lost its load on her car...
She must have been a Back to the Future fan.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Ready to start this day with a bang. Strong coffee FTW. Lots of pointless meetings to argue in today, should be a blast.

The sun is out and I had to drive my truck to bring a door to the wifes office. At least said door won't be sitting in my front room anymore. :disgust1:

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Yep, right here in Dirty Durham. Jackalope and I have a jump/berm/shred spot that we built with a couple other dudes. It has seen heavy use as an outdoor brown liquor disposal area in recent months...on the upside, we've made some nice improvements that will be great come spring.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had a productive lunch today: went home by bus, loaded the rental bike in the car, went and grabbed tacos, picked up my vasectomy kit (t-minus 11 days and counting), dropped off the rental bike, dropped the car back off at home, made an espresso, took the bus back downtown (2 minutes by bus at non-rush hour), dropped off the prescription from kit, and back at work. nice.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I am le tired. Wife was on night shift last night, and my 3 y.o.'s interest in dinosaurs got the best of his imagination at about 3:45 last night and he woke up screaming because a triceratops was running after him down the street. Sigh... Of course, this woke the 1.5 y.o... Too many earlys.

Expecting to pick my bike up after a suspension overhaul tonight, so that's worth looking forward to. That, and trying to decide whether to go to the Todd Barry show tonight. The comedy club is a short walk away. Think I might do it.

Also, lining up contractors for a walk-through of the house this weekend. I hate coordinating moving targets as a guest. (not our house yet...)

It's 9C ootside and gorgeous. (48F owtside and a hot skank , for you 'Mericans) Would rather be riding.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Yep, right here in Dirty Durham. Jackalope and I have a jump/berm/shred spot that we built with a couple other dudes. It has seen heavy use as an outdoor brown liquor disposal area in recent months...on the upside, we've made some nice improvements that will be great come spring.
Sweet - will have to hit you up sometime. My inlaws are in Durham so we're up there every other month or so.