Quantcast

《⊙⊙》Full Frontal Friday GMT 《⊙⊙》

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Not yet. The State of Vermont approached us about legalizing some existing trails, and has subsequently been waffling magnificently.
Town suckered the local MTB club into building a bunch of trails at a local park, then have waffled about legalizing bike access there. Fools. Fuck'em I say. This is the lot that wants to pave a path around the world for MTB access, without a single rock root or challenge.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
isc-dhcp-client isc-dhcp-common libpng12-0 libpng12-dev openssh-client openssh-server ssh
What do you use yours for? I have four of them connected to tvs here at work for slideshows. Have four more that I need to do something with...

And I just pooped again. Something isn't right.

What do you use yours for? I have four of them connected to tvs here at work for slideshows. Have four more that I need to do something with...

And I just pooped again. Something isn't right.
Have done nothing useful yet. Might try to rig it as an environment data acquisition system for our greenhouse. Right now I'm struggling with trying to get it to synchronize time correctly.

ntp.conf n00B. :D
Edited that per instructions, no love at this point. I have never gained competency in xnix.

# 2016-01-15, jbp
#server 0.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
#server 1.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
#server 2.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
#server 3.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst

# 2016-01-15, jbp
server 0.north-america.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 1.north-america.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 2.north-america.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 3.north-america.pool.ntp.org iburst

# Access control configuration; see /usr/share/doc/ntp-doc/html/accopt.html for
# details. The web page <http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Support/AccessRestrictions>
# might also be helpful.
#
# Note that "restrict" applies to both servers and clients, so a configuration
# that might be intended to block requests from certain clients could also end
# up blocking replies from your own upstream servers.
# By default, exchange time with everybody, but don't allow configuration.
restrict -4 default kod notrap nomodify nopeer noquery
restrict -6 default kod notrap nomodify nopeer noquery

# Local users may interrogate the ntp server more closely.
# 2016-01-15, jbp
#restrict 127.0.0.1
#restrict ::1

pi@raspberrypi /usr/share/zoneinfo $ sudo cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/EST5EDT /etc/localtime
pi@raspberrypi /usr/share/zoneinfo $ sudo ntpd -gq
pi@raspberrypi /usr/share/zoneinfo $ sudo /etc/init.d/ntp restart
[ ok ] Stopping NTP server: ntpd.
[ ok ] Starting NTP server: ntpd.
pi@raspberrypi /usr/share/zoneinfo $ date
Wed Jan 13 14:25:14 EST 2016

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As long as it takes to get to your LBS.

I know
Chile 10 days
Belgium 8 days
Australia 7 days
Canada - for fucking ever!!!

I think China or Taiwan Free China depends on the boat, air would be about 4 days.

I purchased some ebay AN fuel fittings from china last week. They apologized that there would be delays and not ship until monday, showed up on wednesday.

Ordered some other car stuff from texas 2 day priority on monday, still hasn't arrived.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
As long as it takes to get to your LBS.

I know
Chile 10 days
Belgium 8 days
Australia 7 days
Canada - for fucking ever!!!

I think China or Taiwan Free China depends on the boat, air would be about 4 days.
I purchased some ebay AN fuel fittings from china last week. They apologized that there would be delays and not ship until monday, showed up on wednesday.

Ordered some other car stuff from texas 2 day priority on monday, still hasn't arrived.
Ok cool. It sounds like my frame will be on time then. LBS said two weeks.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
2 day overseas shipping on a bike frame seems like it would be cost prohibitive. I have noted a lot of silly cheap stuff on ebay from China with thousands sold and good feedback. Even Walmart is feeling the pinch.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
As somebody said yesterday this is why 3D printing is not taking off. We have China to do the 3D printing for us.

There is still a lot of shady mountain bike products for sale too where you have no way to judge the quality.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
And the win would be because of the free cocoa, right? Not because the stoned, smelly, hairy hippy-girl took a shine to you?
Just so you know Hairy smelly hippy-girls always give great head. When was the last time you got free hot cocoa and the promise of mind blowing oral sex? I suspect it has been a while.....