Quantcast

꧁ Thirsty Thursday GMT ꧂

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Packing up for a moving day today, heading further south in the land of big sky country.

7F50B15F-2EA1-45FC-BED4-1821B5ED0C6F.jpeg

In other news, found a nifty spot for the hoses and finally got the winch installed on the jeep. Hated to do it but had to pay a fab shop down the road to change up the winch plate so it would work with the bumper/tow bracket combo.

Last edited:

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
heading further south in the land of big sky country.
I come from the land down under...
:wave:

I seem to recall you have spent a lot of time in YNP, but I'm probably headed down to Macks Inn tonight or tomorrow.

So reach out if you want to do a lazy river float, two drink minimum or if you have any questions / urgent shopping needs...

gonefirefightin

free wieners
I come from the land down under...

I seem to recall you have spent a lot of time in YNP, but I'm probably headed down to Macks Inn tonight or tomorrow.

So reach out if you want to do a lazy river float, two drink minimum or if you have any questions / urgent shopping needs...
leaving glacier and heading down around Missoula since I need to be near a major airport to fly out for my keynote 9/11 speech, after that not sure where but definitely working south then possibly coloradbro to do some high country wheeling now that my winch is installed. Our YNP project was canned this year due to the floods and infrastructure work.

Thai hot food last night has some questionable farts this morning.
Heading to the viewing of a buddies dad today.
do not trust those, you will regret it

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
oops'ed a 180 air shaft for my 38 last night.

tired due to asshole cat meowing incessantly last night.

current status: nursing my coffee while waiting for 12yo at his dentist appointment.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Finished the day off with a couple of snapped bolts, I had mentally prepared for the worst but they both came out just with a left hand drill.
I'm not supposed to use flames on this site so I just got the biggest drill that would fit in the bolt and pushed as hard as I could hoping the heat would soften the loctite, I think it worked.
IMG_20220825_231551.jpg

It's always nice when the pilot hole is bang on centre. The other side was a bit more work as the bolt snapped in a shitty way.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Childhood friend was stateside yesterday, so we met up for ice cream ans introduced him to the baby. It's wild thinking I've been friends with someone for 30+ years.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sore wrist from yesterday morning powered up to full on excruciating wrist pain overnight. got up and found my wrist brace to try and make it through the rest of the night with little luck. assuming its from overuse/strain from prying up the grip strips from the carpeting removal i started tuesday night. range of motion is about non-existent. giving the advil a bit to kick in, but a trip to the ER or something for xrays is probably on the dongle for today. super bummed, had been planning on taking the kids to the amusement / water park today for some more fun before school starts. not sure when we'll be able to go now.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ended up getting third in the TT last night. Behind the two ultra aero dorks but ahead of the other kind-of-aero nerd. Was a fun night.

Got home too late for beers, so I have that to look forward to.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_3603.JPEG

IMG_3601.jpeg

went on a bike-train-bike-train-bike adventure to get from the north side of Denver to Highlands Ranch, because why not

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Ran an hour before work. Cooler, but still humid as hell.

Currently on the phone with my third bank in two days in trying to rollover various retirement accounts into one account managed by our new money lady. 401K is done, pension is done, and now working on a small IRA I own.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Currently on the phone with my third bank in two days in trying to rollover various retirement accounts into one account managed by our new money lady. 401K is done, pension is done, and now working on a small IRA I own.
if you've gotta do that yourself, sounds like you need a new CFP

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California

What is this "pension" you speak of?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
if you've gotta do that yourself, sounds like you need a new CFP
She actually initiated the calls with the first two banks and had me on the line just to verify my identity and give the OK for them to speak with her. I figured I'd handle today's call myself since it's such a small IRA ($2700), but of course the bank told me she would need to submit that rollover request.

What happened with your natural resources person yesterday?
Two hour hike and talk, she's going to let us keep the trail where it is, need to do some measuring and move a ton or three of gravel out of a small stream course. That's what I was fucking around with this morning. She was friendly, helpful, informative and dead serious about what she's tasked with.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
X-rays on shoulder and neck. MRIs ordered. Apparently issues with my grip and nerve pain on shoulder/back are concerning around potential neck issues. So @Toshi might get to see my images.

Otherwise, here.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Oh - and on the bank-fuckery front... here is a truncated version of what is going on:

Me: I would like a HELOC, please
Local Bank: Appears there is a lien on your property from U.S. Bank
Me: They haven't had my mortgage for over a decade
Local Bank: Please contact them to get a release
U.S. Bank: We don't have your mortgage, it was sold to CitiGroup in 2004. Please contact them for a release.

Now I don't ever recall CitiGroup ever having my mortgage... so at this point, I'm punting and going to have a RE attorney sort this out for me. :mad: