Quantcast

007 Race?

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
Anybody know the deal with the Bass Lake 007 Race? is it happening this year? that was a really fun race, even the shuttle runs up were fun... scary= fun, right?

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
bikeninja said:
Anybody know the deal with the Bass Lake 007 Race? is it happening this year? that was a really fun race, even the shuttle runs up were fun... scary= fun, right?
Your not gonna have a bike to ride anyway dork. Kyler's gonna need the Ventana....

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
is kyler gonna race sport, ex, or pro? What about all the rest of you guys? Sorry Mike, I lost your and Kylers' numbers when my phone broke, but I'll see you guys at GGG.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
bikenweed said:
is kyler gonna race sport, ex, or pro? What about all the rest of you guys? Sorry Mike, I lost your and Kylers' numbers when my phone broke, but I'll see you guys at GGG.
This is Paul, Mike doesn't have enough computer skillz to post here.
I think Kyler will race expert, at least he should, he's really fast on trails now. We took him out on some of the stuff on the UC and he really liked it.

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
Yeah kyler will probably race expert. at the 007 he could race semi-pro, it's so pedally. Mike and Paul will be racing twelve and under girls. they're gonna get stomped on.

Monkey
Feb 28, 2002
Vail CO
Raacerx said:
whats this race like?
Light your lungs on fire... let them burn for about 8 min. That's pretty much what it's like.

Practice is super fun... race is grueling if you really push it (at race pace you're on the pedals almost the whole time). That's why guys like Weir dominate that course.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
911 said:
Light your lungs on fire... let them burn for about 8 min. That's pretty much what it's like.
Should I try it with de-natured alcohol or lighter fluid?

Hey your from Marin, have you ever ran into Weir when you are riding or working at that shop?

Jonny Wray

Chimp
Oct 4, 2001
San Francisco
One of the GGG organisers told me the 007 was cancelled this year. He was pissed cos they (GGG) moved their race so the two didn't clash.

Haven't confirmed this mind.

-BB- said:
Any updates on the race?
Anyone seen a flyer, or know the dates?

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Weak sauce! All my friends who have raced there seem to think that race was one of the most fun events. Bummer. What's an average time like 5 minutes or more like 10 minutes? Just curious since everyone says it's a looong biatch.

BTW- Nice job bikeninja on taking the firestone exp DH win...