Quantcast

'02 FSR XC bearings and other upgrade ?'s

Chimp
Sep 5, 2011
Hello, I was recently given an '02 Spec. Stumpy FSR XC Disc (the blue and yellow one) for free. Only has two good riding seasons under its belt. The Rockshox Duke XC is blown (found a rebuild kit at jenson). The rest of the bike is in great shape. I have no idea when the horst link bearings were last serviced, but I can only seem to find bearing kits for '06+. I've read about an "X-link" which used to be made for this bike as well and can't seem to find one or any real info on it. Does anyone have a source or know what bearing kit will fit? Also, it came with the Shimano M505 disc brakes on it which seem to work fine. I bought a set of slightly used Forumla Oro K24's with a 203mm front rotor laying around a few months ago anticipating building a ride...would these be worth swapping over? It's been years since I've ridden, back when the Rockshox Judy was the best and the SID was unheard of. Sorry for the long first post, Thanks.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
bearings are usually standard.
a good industrial supplier, or local skf/timken/fag distributor should be able to match them for you.