Quantcast

02 Shiver DC or 04 DJ1-better choice?

CSkolnick

Chimp
Aug 30, 2004
Im about to buy a fork for my dirt jump bike and was wondering what peoples opinions were on whether to get a slightly used 02 ShiverSC or a new DJ3 of identical price? I'll be doing strictly dirt jumps (some park, although very rarely). Whats the better bet for a good performing, long lasting front end? Will the better dampening on the Shiver make a big difference on dirt jumps or are the DJ3's internals fine? Also, will the DJ3's lack of 20mm dropouts noticably have more flex compared to the Shivers's 20mil dedicated; or is the SC flexy no matter WHAT? Ive never dirt jumped with a suspended QR front (ive done it rigid and it seemed fine). is it a bad idea? any advice is appreciated

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the DJ1 by a long shot is the better choice for you. the valuving in the dj's spike at about 2-3" into its travel. which is great for DJ'ing and park. the q/r thing you will be fine with and the shiver sc are VERY flexy!

pedalphile

Chimp
Sep 10, 2004
The DJ1 r0x. Eventually you'll want to do cross-ups and barspins, and you can't do that with a DC shiver.. I have a 04 DJ1 and it is super rigid with its steel stanchions.

My bad I guess you can with a SC shiver..

photo: unknown rider doing 360 x-up

Attachments

CSkolnick

Chimp
Aug 30, 2004
Sir_Crackien said:
the DJ1 by a long shot is the better choice for you. the valuving in the dj's spike at about 2-3" into its travel. which is great for DJ'ing and park. the q/r thing you will be fine with and the shiver sc are VERY flexy!
Sorry, i messed up. I meant the DJ3. After i read your post i realized the typo. thanks for the response if it was the DJ3 id go for that hands down.