Quantcast

'03 jr t (used) or 05 66 vf (new)

Jan 21, 2006
Boone, NC
I can't really decide which to buy. i could get the jr t used for 185 usd or the 66 new for 300 +shipping usd. My friend rides a jr t and loves it but i can't decide between that or more manuverability (sp?) of the single crown 66. so if anyone has a strong/weak point of forks that'll be great.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
both are nice forks, i think that if you do want more manueverability then go with the 66. i believe it mostly depends on the money issue, if you have the money for the 66 i say go for it. but if not the jr. t is still a wonderful fork(depending on the condition it is in)

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Mechanically Jrt's and the Vf are both identical, and are both pretty primitive. For $300 you could probally find a decent fork used, like a Super T, Sherman Slider with TPC carts, or a Boxxer Team

Forks to avoid
Jr T's, 66vf, 888vf, Boxxer Race, anything manitou with SPV internals..

None of those forks really work at all, and are better suited as paper weights

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
i had 05 junior t and hated it, bottom out all the time, no adjustments. now i have a 66 rc2x. i know the internals are much nicer then the VF but still, the 66 is soo much stiffer, and i dont know how it could be as bad as the junior t

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
metalhead119042 said:
i'm sure either of these forks will work a hell of a lot better than what i got now (an mz comp)
I'd suggest the same as the rest of the crowd here... look for a used Super T, it will perform 500% better than the Jr. T or the 66VF, and it won't cost as much as a new 66VF.

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
I have a 03 JrT on my BigHit it works pretty good
Out of the box is was pretty lame thou, I've swapped to heavy oil, stiff coils, one side air boost.

Mind you my 06 66VF2 is much smoother on ruff terrian but for big drop's my jrT beats it as the compression is soooo stiff on it.

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
The 03' super T, and I am sure you can find one for the price range you are in is one of the best forks ever made. Great fork for the price, one of those things "if they made them like they use to"

FREERDR4LF

Monkey
Feb 11, 2006
FOLSOM, CA.
get the 03 super t
you can find them under 300 if you can talk someone into it.
i have an 03 and i "upgraded" to an 05 888rc and i am seriously thinking of going back to the supert. they really are the best fork for all-around FR and some DH. marz had it perfect with that fork. i can't praise that fork enough. if someone is actually willing to part with that fork, than take it, no amount of money could get me to sell it.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
You guys make me feel so lucky that I have an '03 Super T ... I do love it though. It would be nice to have the adjustability of my 5th though, high and low compression, preload, rebound, bottom out control and even platform adjustability. But I don't think that fork exists for under 7lbs and $800 in a longer travel.
My advice: listen to Kanter, joelsman, binary visions and monkeybidnezz as they've all been around and know their stuff. SuspectDevice really hit the nail on the head though.