Quantcast

03 Planet X JF BB & guide???

RDU

Chimp
Apr 6, 2002
RDU
Some input on the spindle lenght to use on the New Jack Flash frame. Also what is a good chain guide that will fit without modification. Was considering a Blackspire DS-1. Which, when it comes to Evil guides...STS or SRS?

RDU

Chimp
Apr 6, 2002
RDU
Originally posted by RITFreeRider
I don't think this will help but my friend runs 3-piece cranks and an Evil DRS guide without any problems.
I will be running one ring. So I have the choice between SRS or the new STS, which I believe is a smaller version of SRS.

toothless

Chimp
Dec 8, 2002
I'm running an evil SRS guide on my new jack flash right now and to get a good chain line some filing of the evil boomerang was necessary. The bottom frame mount meant for the bashplate (which is terrible and won't mount up properly anyway) interferes. A few mm of filing of both the frame and bommerang and you're money. I'm using block 8 cranks so I can't tell you the spindle length. Good luck. By the way, what fork are you planning to use with the frame?

RDU

Chimp
Apr 6, 2002
RDU
Originally posted by toothless
I'm running an evil SRS guide on my new jack flash right now and to get a good chain line some filing of the evil boomerang was necessary. The bottom frame mount meant for the bashplate (which is terrible and won't mount up properly anyway) interferes. A few mm of filing of both the frame and bommerang and you're money. I'm using block 8 cranks so I can't tell you the spindle length. Good luck. By the way, what fork are you planning to use with the frame?
if you by chance have any pics of you NJF, can you send them? send to yu25@charter.net

I think what I will do as a temp measure is to just get 104/4 bash ring with no roller guide what so ever. I plan to install a 30 or 32 tooth right on the bash guard then to crank arm.

I got a 03 DJ1 130 mm travel

AfroJack

Chimp
Nov 4, 2003
San Luis Obispo
I have a Jack Flash RAD, and im running a truvativ box guide, 118 truvativ bb, truvativ cranks, and their bash ring, works perfectly with no modification.