Quantcast

03 Super T air cap?

ckooi

Monkey
Aug 19, 2002
Penang, Malaysia
I am using a 03 Super T for abt 10mths now, very happy abt its performance so far. The only problem I have it's the weight on slightly heavy sideand I searched through threads in RM, and a few :monkey: have removed the spring and replaced it with air perload cap.

i have discussed with my LBS he is interested to help me to remove the spring and put in air cap. I would appreciate if u could provide me with information on how to go about doing it.

oh yes, my weight is 155lb and bike is a medium bullit.

thanks in advance.

go-ride.com

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
Just have your shop order an air cap for an 03/04 double crown fork. However, at 155 you may have trouble getting stiff enough springs for the other side of the fork. My GF weighs about 115 lbs and runs the stiffest springs that Marz. makes in one side and an air cap on the other. She runs about 10 - 15 psi in the empty leg. The fork is way soft.

For me to use that fork (170 lbs semi-pro) I'd need so much air that the fork would work weird. The other option is to find another mfcr spring set designed for a single sided spring and use that.

zedro

Turbo Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
at the end of the longest line
Originally posted by go-ride.com
Just have your shop order an air cap for an 03/04 double crown fork. However, at 155 you may have trouble getting stiff enough springs for the other side of the fork. My GF weighs about 115 lbs and runs the stiffest springs that Marz. makes in one side and an air cap on the other. She runs about 10 - 15 psi in the empty leg. The fork is way soft.

For me to use that fork (170 lbs semi-pro) I'd need so much air that the fork would work weird. The other option is to find another mfcr spring set designed for a single sided spring and use that.
well your doing something wrong. My Shiver has one firm spring and the other leg is converted to air. At 165lbs before gear, i was using a medium and firm spring last year.

Using the right oil height is super critical with the air springs; using the wrong oil height vs. PSI will make either the fork bottom out with the proper sag, or wont get the right sag but good bottom-out. You also need to tune both legs properly to get it right, and hit a certain PSI; its a little more complicated to set up but works really well in my case.