Quantcast

03 super t or 04 boxxer team?

leo

Chimp
Feb 8, 2004
israel
the boxxer is in a slightly better condition but the super t is a bit cheaper.
what do you guys say?

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Get the super T. I´ve ridden both and the super T is far better. Please delete this thread soon, because in about three more posts you´re going to be told to do a search. I´m starting a new campaign to oust the snobs in this forum, so I´ll give you some unbiased advice: Marzocchi 2003 Super T´s and 2003 Shivers are some of the best forks out there. The 2004 Super T has a ton of stiction and only one rebound cartridge, and basically feels like poop compared to the 03. The ´02 can feel good sometimes, but the ´03 is perfect. The Shiver is the ONLY other fork I´d run besides my current Fox 40. I spent about six months on a Boxxer Team and about 9 months on a Super T. Be smart and get the ´03 Super T. Boxxer had a never ending series of problems, and between about six or seven of my Boxxer riding friends, not one of us has had good luck with a Boxxer, ranging from Boxxer Ride´s to World Cups. RS has good race marketing though, so they´re quite popular. Go figure. Have a nice day!

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I've ridden both, and I liked the Super T a lot more than the Boxxer. The problem I had with the Boxxer was that it leaked oil--ALL THE TIME! If you're looking for a trouble free fork, go with the Super T...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
My '03 Super T was an awesome fork. My only complaint was tire clearance was a tad narrow, so I couldn't run a 2.7" No biggie

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
The biggest reason I would get the super t is that you know exactly what your fork will feel like. I've felt/ridden lots boxxers of just about every year except 05, and every one of them had their own little issues. Some felt really good but a good number of them were not something I would ever put on my bike. Plus they kind of get beat up a little easier, bent stanchions, punctured lowers......there's a reason they're lighter.

A super t is a super t. Barring anything catastrophic that's happened to it, you know you're getting a solid, reliable fork.