Quantcast

'04 JR T vs '02 Super T

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
01-02 super t and z1's are my favorite forks ever made. light, low axle-crown, dual hscv.. no question the 02 super t.

Handlebarsfsr

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
ct
vtrider said:
didnt 03 have dual hcsv as well? i thought it did?...

yea they didd but they had a 1.5" increase in a2c length. then the 04 went to only 1 hscv. 02 and 01 were the best years imo

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
sent that sh!t back. Ive hit huge stuff with mine, never did that. It shouldnt break off something that small. did u bail, or did it just snap?

downhill24/7

Chimp
Jan 31, 2005
Boulder
it snapped, my freind was filming(damn i wish he got the fall, i allways get his) and i overshot, which shouldnt matter cuz thats the most pathetic drop to dominate a JR T and my bars turned a little, ive turned em ALOT more and saved it, the the fork snapped and i flew over the bars and died, im so pised about it, ive posted those pics like in 5 differant threads, and yeahh its on its wat back, i have a race next weekend

budgetrider

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
downhill24/7 said:
it snapped, my freind was filming(damn i wish he got the fall, i allways get his) and i overshot, which shouldnt matter cuz thats the most pathetic drop to dominate a JR T and my bars turned a little, ive turned em ALOT more and saved it, the the fork snapped and i flew over the bars and died, im so pised about it, ive posted those pics like in 5 differant threads, and yeahh its on its wat back, i have a race next weekend

What was your lower crown height set at? Sometimes when it is set at the minimum mark, the arch will hit the bottom of the lower crown on big compressions. (i.e. uphill after the runout of a drop) Each time it contacts the arch gets weaker.

BigStonz

Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
Swain!! NY
Sorry about your fork...
I would say an 02 Super T has probably been beat on quite a bit and it has 30 instead of 32 mm stantions. I would go for the 04 Jr., I think you you would be able to switch out the damping cartidge to a Super T in 1 leg if you ever notice the damping issue issue. (It's been reported the the Jr. T may lock up over high speed bumps.) I had an 03 Jr T and loved it. My buddy has the 04 and has had no prob. They are great for freeride hucking, etc. If you are a very speedy DH guy you may be served better by a more sophisticated fork...which will cost a whole lot more.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
budgetrider said:
What was your lower crown height set at? Sometimes when it is set at the minimum mark, the arch will hit the bottom of the lower crown on big compressions. (i.e. uphill after the runout of a drop) Each time it contacts the arch gets weaker.
aren't the crowns cryofit? How would he have adjusted the crown if it were cryofit? This is just another example of how you can take a huge hit and damage a component but not break it until you go off the small drop.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Kornphlake said:
aren't the crowns cryofit? How would he have adjusted the crown if it were cryofit? This is just another example of how you can take a huge hit and damage a component but not break it until you go off the small drop.
03's were the only cryofitted DC forks

vtrider

Monkey
Apr 11, 2005
vermont
yes hes right^ the bottom crown on the 04 is adjustable. leave the bottom of it in the middle of the min max range, and you'll be fine. otherwise you might do that^^^ to your arch. I didnt think of that before, smart man.
Also, had you considered stiffer springs? that jump/drop/gap thing didnt look huge, and if you're bottoming on that enough to have your crown hit, sounds like you need a heavier spring #.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It doesn't even matter... It's not the last drop that broke the fork, it's all the drops leading up to that last drop.

Besides, manufacturing defects happen. Meh. Call Marzocchi, see if they'll warrenty it.

RE: the original question, the 2002 Super T's had some mean breakage problems with the M-arch that was just bonded on for that year. You might be able to find a 2003 Jr. T for no money and upgrade it to HSCV.

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
downhill24/7 said:
i have an 04 jr t, its sweet but today it ****ing totally broke on the smallest drop, heres the drop, and this is wat happened..

That sucks

You shouls still get he jr t thought. Newer models are usually always better.