----------------

ETSU May 1,2
Wolf July 10,11
Windrock July 17,18
Sugar August 6,7,8
Charlotte August 21,22 (tentative)
Windrock September 11,12

I just got the schedule this morning.
I am not sure if more dates will be added.
We may put another Wolf Race in this series.
Big thanks to Maxxis for putting on a series again!

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by T-Pirate
Jeremy, how far is Wolf? We are probably either 20 minutes farther than you or 20 minutes closer. I want to go shoot at some of the races this year.
Yeah, I can get there in about an hour 20 from S-burg.
It should not take you guys that much longer.
You guys definitely need to come out to the races this year.
People get freaked out at the word race, but DH races are like a big group ride. They are always alot of fun, and it is a great place to meet riding buddies.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Originally posted by JeffD
You sure about the Sugar date? It's been the last weekend of August every year before.
No, I sometimes will throw a date in there, just to see if you are on your toes. Then I will give a prize to the person who finds it.
Congrats, you just won a free back thrust kick to the crotch!;)

I doublechecked it for ya, it is on the canecreek.com website as well for that date. I think that there are some other major races then, so Sugar had to change its dates this year.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
Originally posted by Jeremy R
No, I sometimes will throw a date in there, just to see if you are on your toes. Then I will give a prize to the person who finds it.
Congrats, you just won a free back thrust kick to the crotch!;)

I doublechecked it for ya, it is on the canecreek.com website as well for that date. I think that there are some other major races then, so Sugar had to change its dates this year.
I'll re-gift the prize right back atcha, chum :nuts:

Thanks for the post...lotsa racing this year, unfortunately mostly XC. And what's up with Hobby not being on the Maxxis sched - Cobler said they were gonna have a DS race???

Good. we finally have a schedule.

Six races though, that's kind of a light season. Is that becuase of the nat'l schedule? I know that a few of the local boys are packing up the rv and going on tour. Are there some other racing series that I'm not thinking about? I can't find the cane creek site (I get an 'page not found' message).

Maybe I'll actually be able to do a Nat'l myself this year.

And no I'm not pissed or bitchin', I just think the season is a little light. I'll chalk it up to a re-structuring year, especially after all the hoopla that happened lst year with NORBA and whatnot.

I would like two races at Wolf.

What course are we running at ETSU?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
I'll re-gift the prize right back atcha, chum :nuts:

Thanks for the post...lotsa racing this year, unfortunately mostly XC. And what's up with Hobby not being on the Maxxis sched - Cobler said they were gonna have a DS race???
hobby is a go, but i think it'll be on the cane creek series vice maxxis. last i heard it was scheduled for sometime in september....hopefully it'll be dry by then. :D

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
We are having another Wolf race.
We don't know if it will be added to the Maxxis series but we having it regardless. We are working out the date right now.
It might be on like May 9, 10.
I post here as soon as it is final.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Vice? You mean versus? :D You're such a cop now, Tubbs (or is it Crockett?)

Actually....it's FARVA:D

rephrase for jeffd:

hobby is a go, but it will be on the cane creek series INSTEAD OF the maxxis series.:p

friggin georgians.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Originally posted by jet
I'm an idiot, where is Hobby Park again?

Also, what about Massivnutten? Or is it just too far or on a dif'rnt schedule?
hobby is in winston salem. pretty fun DS course with some big step down doubles in the woods. here's a pic from 2 seasons ago, it's a bit bigger now.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
If you'da stuck to humping handlebars like the pic above, you wouldn't have so many kids! :D
ok....i guess it's time to reveal my plan. in about 10yrs i'm gonna open a bike shop and the kids are just a great form of cheap labor :thumb:

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
This just in:
Windrock #1 July 17-18 will be the Tennessee State Championships for DH and MX.

Windrock #2 September will be the Maxxis Finals and the Regional Championships for DH and MX

thanks Juan!

holla!

Originally posted by manimal
hobby is in winston salem. pretty fun DS course with some big step down doubles in the woods. here's a pic from 2 seasons ago, it's a bit bigger now.
I was at that race. I remember everybody bitching about the DH course. I was standing a little to the left of where that pic was taken.

Here's the rock garden. That's me in the yellow

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Originally posted by jet
I was at that race. I remember everybody bitching about the DH course. I was standing a little to the left of where that pic was taken.

Here's the rock garden. That's me in the yellow
yeah, it was more of a tech XC course than a DH course. so no DH this year, just DS.

Mar 23, 2004
Where exactly is this wolf? I'm planning a vaction down that way and might try to make the wolf race and windrock while I'm down there. Any info (schedule of event, race fees, location for either race) would be great.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Originally posted by mtnbikebmxracer
Where exactly is this wolf? I'm planning a vaction down that way and might try to make the wolf race and windrock while I'm down there. Any info (schedule of event, race fees, location for either race) would be great.
Wolf is located about 20 minutes north of Asheville, NC and
Windrock is located about 20 minutes north of Knoxville, TN

The rest of the info for the races should be coming out soon.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
(when the info comes out) can you also post what kinda races each event is going to hold? (DH, MTNX etc.) unless u know already

thanx

-Mike T.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Originally posted by profro
Oh good gravy! They are going to have a DH race at Fontana again?
Yeah, it has a fun high speed top section followed by pure pedaling he11. Short travel bikes like your SX are where its at, but the pedaling is straight up head scratching at the bottom.

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
whata....madhra is happening this year?? someone told me that it was canceled all togather or something...wierd

-Mike T.

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Originally posted by MikeT
whata....madhra is happening this year?? someone told me that it was canceled all togather or something...wierd

-Mike T.
At this point "Madhra" is putting on a race or two at Wolf but the series has been absorbed by the Maxxis series.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
Hi guys, the Hobby Race is scheduled for August 22nd XC/DS.
Yes, our race is Cane Creek and they are going to be awarding overall for DS and DH this year( according to Sandy).

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Originally posted by Mikedsx
Hi guys, the Hobby Race is scheduled for August 22nd XC/DS.
Yes, our race is Cane Creek and they are going to be awarding overall for DS and DH this year( according to Sandy).
Hey Mike, Are you guys not allowed to have a DH anymore or did ya just decide against it.
Just wondering, cuz I would do it again, same course and all.
I kinda like to race.;)

And BrokeOne,
I sure hope Wintergreen has some races this year, but I have not heard anything yet.

Mikedsx

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
NC
We ran into too many problems with the dh crossing the xc trail so the city preferred that we not do it again. Do you know who to contact about the Maxxis series? It would be cool if the Charlotte race wasn't on the same day as ours.:D