Quantcast

05 66 VF Springs

Matrimony

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Winooski, VT
Hey guys....I bought an 05 66 VF and I am going to need stiffer springs(im 230+) can someone point me in the right direction as to where/how I can get them? I would rather not go through specialized because theyre practically retail on everything, but if thats my only option, just let me know! thanks

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
The VF has no spring upgrades. You just have to use between 0 and 15 psi in the air caps. You can also add a cap or 2 of 10wt non foaming suspension oil to help with bottom out. I'm 6'7" and 250lbs and have never even come close to bottoming mine with stock springs. I run about 5 to 7 psi in mine and it's perfect. I now have the newer version VF2 but have had both.

Matrimony

Chimp
May 25, 2005
Winooski, VT
Alright alright, I can't seem to find where it says the ammont of psi per leg....anyone wanna tell me how much psi per leg for a 240+ lb rider for fr/dh?

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Alright alright, I can't seem to find where it says the ammont of psi per leg....anyone wanna tell me how much psi per leg for a 240+ lb rider for fr/dh?
Two post's above your post!:lighten: Use one or two caps full of oil to increase the bottom out in each leg. 5 to 7 psi in each leg feels good to me!