Quantcast

05 Sunday US ready to rock

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Big thanks to Iron Horse for my 05 ride its spot on.

Only thing I am missing is a another set of NYC Freeride race pedals and E13 stem.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
IH gets mad props for changing their image (on the west coast at least) from being a cheap but decent DH bike to a full-on top-level world cup machine. Fantastic marketing and such a sweet ride... :cool:

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
Red Bull said:
I was too, until i got off the phone with a Mr. Strait :sneaky:

dude youve been through like every dh bike on the market.
i dont think ive seen so many posts anticipating a bike that your not sure what to get

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Well the plan was to use the parts from a WC and put it on the US frame but I couldn't get the WC as they were sold out. So you observation is correct and I think Todd did a great job with the specs on the WC.

auntesther

Monkey
Oct 15, 2001
Boston, MA
punkassean said:
IH gets mad props for changing their image (on the west coast at least) from being a cheap but decent DH bike to a full-on top-level world cup machine. Fantastic marketing and such a sweet ride... :cool:
off topis but is your avitar from the firestone race this past weekend?

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
Sherpa said:
:stupid: I bet he thinks hes cool hes getting Kyles bike.
this stuff just blows my mind. I don't see why in the world someone would want to buy a used dh bike (unless money is a major issue), more or less a used dh bike from a top notch world cup level pro rider/racer. This bike will be the most beat thing on the planet. I say stay far far away.

Yeah, there's the arguments that they're takin well care of, blasphemy I say. Those bikes get the living snot beaten out of them...and thats just practice and for fun. They've gone to hell and back when all is said and done IMO.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
nixhexss said:
this stuff just blows my mind. I don't see why in the world someone would want to buy a used dh bike (unless money is a major issue), more or less a used dh bike from a top notch world cup level pro rider/racer. This bike will be the most beat thing on the planet. I say stay far far away.

Yeah, there's the arguments that they're takin well care of, blasphemy I say. Those bikes get the living snot beaten out of them...and thats just practice and for fun. They've gone to hell and back when all is said and done IMO.
No. Yes it has been used, but how many WC level pros ride broken bikes? Therefore when anything breaks it gets immediately replaced. Kyle gets a new wheelset after every major event, and same with other parts...

I am fully confident and the deal is unbelievable with all the extras hes throwing in (Clippless, Clippless Shoes, Red Bull Helmet, Oakley clothes/gear...) Im stoked, and you all should be too so you dont have to hear anymore which bike ****. Money and bike are being sent today.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Red Bull said:
Therefore when anything breaks it gets immediately replaced.
Yep. Why do think he has a bike to sell you? Because he's done with it.

Whatever, it's probably fine. But you know you are trying to gain points by buying a pro's bike. Nobody cares, so get over yourself already.

As for us being glad you won't be posting anymore, I give you one day after taking delivery before you post up again asking which parts you should swap, what grease to use, etc.

EDIT: Oops. CBJ, that is one sweet ride, nicest one I've seen yet. So clean and stealthy!! :drool: :drool:

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
OGRipper said:
Yep. Why do think he has a bike to sell you? Because he's done with it.

Whatever, it's probably fine. But you know you are trying to gain points by buying a pro's bike. Nobody cares, so get over yourself already.

As for us being glad you won't be posting anymore, I give you one day after taking delivery before you post up again asking which parts you should swap, what grease to use, etc.

EDIT: Oops. CBJ, that is one sweet ride, nicest one I've seen yet. So clean and stealthy!! :drool: :drool:
Im not trying to gain points, i kept trying to get the best bike possible, and i have. I am really stoked on the 40, DHX and all the other stuff he is throwing in. I have really thought if there is anything to change and the only, only thing i can think of would be Saints/e.13 and i have no need to do that so why bother... And even if i did start asking what lubes and stuff to use that is something that could benefit everyone... But i have no need to do that either...

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Wait....is it me, or is there almost no room for that 2.5" tire.....looks like a very small amount of clearnace in there.....is the angle messing with my eyes?....how much room is there to spare in there???

IC

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
slang said:
Man that IH is seriously one beauty :drool:

Red Bull, dont hog the thread.
I made one comment and people decided to hate on me...

:p

Whatever, im happy...

(Ps, that bike is hawt.)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
IC are you thinking about the vertical part of the swing are? If so its two tubes with a lot of space between them:

Picture courtesy of Mr. Acadian.

klunky

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2003
Scotland
im running a 2.5 on my rear with loads of clearance. for some reason most photos make it loo like theres not much room.

sn0wboarder

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
NJ
Red Bull said:
I made one comment and people decided to hate on me...
because your an annoying 14 year old who wants the best of everything. I started DH when I was 14 and I never needed the best because all I was, was a beginner. but w/e

CBJ- thats a hot bike you got there. Enjoy.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
CBJ said:
IC are you thinking about the vertical part of the swing are? If so its two tubes with a lot of space between them:

Picture courtesy of Mr. Acadian.
I see...thanks dude....makes alot more sense now....from that angle it looked like it was hitting the frame....

thanks y0

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
sn0wboarder said:
because your an annoying 14 year old who wants the best of everything. I started DH when I was 14 and I never needed the best because all I was, was a beginner. but w/e

CBJ- thats a hot bike you got there. Enjoy.
Well, i have overcome the ability of my stinky, and why would i get a crappy bike when i would have to keep it for a few years? That just doesent make sense to me, i should try and get the best bike i can... (and i did)

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
schwinnson said:
I was thinking the same thing about that tire, looks very close to the cross brace on the vertical tubes
My hand fit between the tire and cross brace.

Red Bull don't argue with all these people. If your happy don't waste your time trying convince everybody. Anyway you gain much more about making friends than enemies.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Red Bull said:
I am fully confident and the deal is unbelievable with all the extras hes throwing in (Clippless, Clippless Shoes, Red Bull Helmet, Oakley clothes/gear...) Im stoked, and you all should be too so you dont have to hear anymore which bike ****. Money and bike are being sent today.

ahaahaaahhhaaa...

if you really are getting a bike from kyle strait there is NO WAY IN HELL that you are getting a Red Bull helmet out of him. Red Bull has it's logo and clothing on lock down, and all their athletes sign very explicit contracts that forbid them from giving out anything with a logo on it (thank god or punk ass 14 year olds would be running around them). i would love to see the email where he promised it too you. that gear is reserved for some of the best athletes on the planet, so even if you did have a helmet you would look like the biggest poser in the world wearing it... it is bad enough you are using their brand name as a screen name on multiple forums. if you are going to post using the name of a company that builds it's business off of their image/reputation you should be carefull what you say. if you like red bull so much, you should show them some respect too...

also, nice to see that by riding a specialized you are supporting your "sponsor" that you talk about sooo much. the shop doesn't even sell specialized... way to go on riding something they don't even sell. why should they even bother with you?

rock on buddy

THAT SUNDAY IS HOT... and anyone that lost patience waiting for them is going to be pissed when they see everyone else ripping on them.