Quantcast

'05 World Cup in Angel Fire?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Angel Fire bid on it for '04, but was not awarded a World Cup due to lack of infrastructure, I believe. Rumours I've been hearing involve Angel Fire making a bid for an NMBS for '05 or beyond.

DHanamal

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Boulder, CO
I copied this off of the Velonews website:

The official schedule has yet to be released, but several trade team sources told VeloNews that next year's slate will likely include stops in Canada (probably Mont-Ste-Anne); the U.S. (Angel Fire, New Mexico); Germany (in conjunction with the BIKE-Festival at Willingen); Fort William, Scotland (probable site for the series finale); Houffalize, Belgium (cross-country only); Schladming, Austria (gravity only); and Madrid (cross-country only).

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
San Diego area, California, USA
With all the crap, scheduling conflicts, drop outs, etc...
AND after i got jacked w/ hotel & airline reservations from previous venues on the schedule,...then not...then on again...then off...

I'M NOT HOLDING MY BREATH ON ANYTHING!!!!!! :eviltongu

...but, on that note, i have heard rumors about angelfire bidding for a spot on the schedule (which one (wc/nmbs)...not sure yet). I truly hope they get it,... but again, i'm not holding my breath. who knows what '05 will bring! hopefully something cool.....& something close to home....like near San Diego....& preferably next to the beach! ;) :thumb: