Quantcast

'05 Z1's Arrival...

D_D

Monkey
Dec 16, 2001
UK
azonicbruce said:
Now THIS is a Manual!
Amazing how they can waste so much paper just telling you to get the fork installed by a professional and how to install the wheel.

Still it's nice to see a proper bolt on axel.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
DßR said:
What's the MSRP on that fork? I'm trying to decide on that or a 66.
if memory serves me right the MSRP on the z.1 is 650 or somewhere around there....

I wanna say the 66 is 100 bucks or so more.....

one bike wantin a z.1 the other wantin a 66... oh what to do!

gimme gimme gimme

edit: btw, qbp shows (7) '05 150mm z.1's in stock now......

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
D_D said:
Amazing how they can waste so much paper just telling you to get the fork installed by a professional and how to install the wheel.

Still it's nice to see a proper bolt on axel.
No, the amazing part is the number of people that never picked up the manual and read about the correct way to install the axle on the shiver and a few other forks. If you didn't do it right, the legs would bind and the fork would feel like arse, but plenty of people had this problem since they never read the manual.

preppie

Monkey
Aug 30, 2002
Europe
azonicbruce said:
Just a few pics for those interested...
Thx for the pic's

Is this the 130 or the 150mm version ?
Is the A-C length the same as the Z1 2004's ?
Really like the dedicated axle.

2005 :
Z1 130mm A-C = 518mm
Z1 150mm A-C = 538mm
66 150mm A-C = 575mm

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
opps. damn that is a fine fork. i'll have to get one of those for this year, was thinkin about the all mountain fork though.

hmmm green legs....

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
isn't that black piece actually the rebound adjuster, you can kind of make out a knob that is below the gold preload knob, which has a slot cut in it for access to the rebound knob below it. I've never seen one of these in person but that's what it looks like to me.

Castle said:
if memory serves me right the MSRP on the z.1 is 650 or somewhere around there....
edit: btw, qbp shows (7) '05 150mm z.1's in stock now......
I got mine for $606 including shipping from Universal Cycles. He only had one at the time but said he should be getting more this week.

Oh, and yes this is the 150mm. At least I think it is? :think: I measure about 5.9" of stanchion exposed, which is right around 150mm.

And, yes, the black cap is the cover for the Air Preload. I'm just hoping that at my weight I can air it up enough w/out having to buy new springs. :p

I'm wondering though what the black "sticker" by the ETA knob is for? I'm guessing it's for routing your hydro cable over the crown and though that do-dad below. Looks kinda ghetto to me. I prefer routing it on the inside of the leg and using a clean zip tie on the top of the arch.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
azonicbruce said:
Oh, and yes this is the 150mm. At least I think it is? :think: I measure about 5.9" of stanchion exposed, which is right around 150mm.

You might want to check it out to know which fork you got (!!). Not sure about that particular model but you won't always use every bit of exposed stanchion on a single crown.

But still, looks really sweet. I'm psyched about all the new 150mm SC forks out there right now. Between z1, 66, manitou, fox 36, and (I guess) rockshox, it's suddenly a really hard choice.

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
looks very nice, I'm curious what the actual weight is? (like with oil in it ;-)

and have you used it yet? how does it feel? I am going to have to decide between this and the Fox 36....

Macrider said:
looks very nice, I'm curious what the actual weight is? (like with oil in it ;-)

and have you used it yet? how does it feel? I am going to have to decide between this and the Fox 36....
I'm going to try and see if I can get a weight on it tonight. I'm pretty sure it should have oil in it but I want to read the manual first and make sure there's enough oil.

As far as the ride, well, I'm still waiting for the rest of the parts to get here.

GO-RIDE-GO!! Ok that was really cheesy. :help:

gmac

Monkey
Apr 6, 2002
AB, Insane fork. I must have missed the thread earlier. I found it on a search.

So, how is it ? Any review after one month ? And did you eventually find out if it was a 150mm ? Seems like you got a good deal for so early into the 05 release.

How about some pics of it installed ?

gmac said:
AB, Insane fork. I must have missed the thread earlier. I found it on a search.

So, how is it ? Any review after one month ? And did you eventually find out if it was a 150mm ? Seems like you got a good deal for so early into the 05 release.

How about some pics of it installed ?
Patience my young jedi. My AS-X will be arriving tomorrow. Give me a day or two to put together ;)

:thumb:

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
azonicbruce congrats bro, this is one hell of a fork. I am planning to get it for my SX on January, in order to replace a 2003 130mm Z1dropoff ETA. I hope it will make some difference to jump to HSCV, 20mm and 150mm, instead of SSVF, QR and 130mm.

What do you reckon?