Quantcast

06.19.08 - Diablo Freeride Park Update

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey

More Progress!
This week alone, the ParkLogic crew has invested nearly 150 hours developing new lines and maintaining Diablo Freeride Park's ever-expanding trail network!

Further demonstrating Diablo Freeride Park's commitment to the progression of the sport, the ParkLogic trail designers have begun construction on a new, novice level,machine-built trail called Deviant. Deviant has been designed to give newer riders the opportunity to navigate features such as rollers, banked turns and smaller jumps before tackling Diablo Freeride Park's more advanced terrain. Deviant is scheduled to open on June 28th and will be accessed off of the popular Greenhorn Trail.

Coming next week!
-Improved and re-routed Flatliner trail
-IndyCross Update
-Domination Course #2 Information

New Trail Map!
The 2008 Diablo Freeride Park trail map is now online! Click here for more info: http://diablofreeridepark.com/trailguide.html

Be Our Guest!
During the month of June, purchase a 2-day, Weekend lift ticket for you and a friend, and Diablo Freeride Park will put you up for FREE in the super-plush Appalachian Hotel! That's right, we've got you covered! Epic riding, amazing trails and FREE lodging all provided courtesy of Diablo Freeride Park! Click here for more info.

Major Event Announcement!
Diablo Freeride Park is the proud host of the only east coast stop of the 2008 Jeep
48Straight/King Of The Mountain Series! Mark your calendars for August 22nd - 24th, for an incredible weekend of music and mountain biking! Visit the 48Straight website for more details!

Gas Calculator:
Click here to see how much money and time you'll save by choosing Diablo Freeride Park as your riding destination!

Freelap
Look for more Freelap beacons in the near future! To date, Gerritt Beytagh holds the record time down Alpine, posting an impressive 1:12 last weekend! Freelap watches are available at the Diablo Ticket Center. Freelap: Train Smarter. Race Faster.

Weekend Weather Update:
The forecast is calling for Partly Sunny skies and seasonable temperatures! Shred the trails all day and enjoy a cold beer or beverage in the DC Deck bar located next to the Diablo Ticket office!

Diablo Freeride Park is your source for a weekend full of epic gravity riding.

We look forward to seeing you at Diablo!!! www.RIDEDIABLO.com

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
nice nice. got this update in the email. new trail sounds pretty cool. cant wait to try my new freelap watch this weekend too. should be fun :thumb:

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
Well I know all you super-gnar riders are probably rolling your eyes at the thought of EVEN MORE beginner stuff on the mountain, but as a beginner myself, I'm pretty excited. How big are these beginner jumps going to be? Smaller or the same size as the first few tables on upper dominion?

Fall Guy

Chimp
Sep 4, 2007
I thought I remember something about a bigger drop than RTN that was going to be built. Is that something that is still in the works?

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
I really wished Diablo was open now during the week, all these cool weather days are being wasted with temps in the 70s & low humidity are increasing everyday, the hot days at of riding DH are coming right around the corner...

just in time for the waterpark to be in full swing as well.:disgust:

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Fyi... As we stated earlier in the season, we will be building straight through the beginning of November and we have various new trails, new features and new concepts already in the works. We have very high standards with regards to trail building so please be patient. This will be a huge season and it has only just begun!

phill1

Chimp
Jun 24, 2006
yea! phil told me something along those lines.
I dont remember telling anyone about any drops or features, and the reason why I wouldnt tell anyone is that I dont know what the trail crew has up their sleeves. All I know is what Shawn tells us and after its built I ride it like the rest of you. So like shawn says be patiant. I am sure none of us will be disapioned.