Quantcast

06 Demo 8 New Color

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
Well , since I didn't really like the new color on the 07 Demos, and couldn't get enough $$ for my 06, I gave it a facelift. Here are the frame pieces in Transparent Candy Blue over Chrome, with a ClearCoat Metallic on top. It came out REALLY nice. I'll post more pics as I get it reassembled. Thoughts????

Attachments

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
Yeah. I just didn't put it in the pic. I put the frame back together tonight and will get some pics of it up tomorrow. I kept the link in the Anodized silver it came in. It looks so dang good I don't know if I'll want to ride it. I have Blue Industry nine wheels coming and blue inserts for my Hope Mono M4's It should be nice when it's done.

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
Who did your paint?

you could get a blue king headset, and some blue Nokian tires.

We'll call you Papa Smurf if you get a red helmet...

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Cool color!

I saw Herndon and another Cane Creek rider racing 06' Demo's in a similar color.

Looks pretty sweet tricked out w/ Cane Creek gear and some I-9 (Industry Nine) wheels w/ white spokes...:biggrin:

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
No, it doesn't match my drum kit :biggrin:

As for the headset it will be the King Steelset that was in it. The steel actually has a blue reflection, and that dang thing won't come out. I ruined a Park tool headset remover trying, so I said screw it, mask it off and they painted around it.

Professional Cryogenics here in GA painted it. They did an amazing job.

No, I'm not going to get to bluesy on it, just bits and pieces here and there. But, dang this blue is giving me wood for sure. I'll post some more pics of the frame and CCDB later today.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
That's looks so nice.

Now get that thing back together so we can hit Carters Lake.

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Looks like Trans Blue to me, but then again, I love Trans Blue :) I guess it's a bit lighter, and maybe more sparkly, but cool either way.
why would he get king when he has industry nine coming, by far the best wheelset you can buy?
Not only was he obviously suggesting a headset (because you refer to hubs in the plural, and "a King" is understood in bike speak to be a CK headset), but since when is I9 the best wheelset ever, let alone BY FAR? They're freaking brand new, not time tested, not abused enough, and simply enough, not proven. I'll take a King wheelset over an I9 wheelset anyday, just for the reliability factor. Quit bandwagon jumping.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I'll take a King wheelset over an I9 wheelset anyday, just for the reliability factor. Quit bandwagon jumping.

i'd take hadley over king (i did as a matter of fact). and would probably take i9 over king too. not proven? i'm only aware of 2 sets that have broken here on the EC, one at the US Open (which was a beautiful catastrophic failure) and one set under the hands of Jamie Ford, but he was racing downhill on the lighter version of the hub/spokeset. Granted they've only been available to the public for a year or so, they are quickly gaining a LOT of popularity.

and as far as that demo, by far the best paintjob/color i've seen on it. mad props. can't wait to see the finished product!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
i'd take hadley over king (i did as a matter of fact). and would probably take i9 over king too. not proven? i'm only aware of 2 sets that have broken here on the EC, one at the US Open (which was a beautiful catastrophic failure) and one set under the hands of Jamie Ford, but he was racing downhill on the lighter version of the hub/spokeset. Granted they've only been available to the public for a year or so, they are quickly gaining a LOT of popularity.

and as far as that demo, by far the best paintjob/color i've seen on it. mad props. can't wait to see the finished product!
Jonty's set at the Open was ALSO a set built up on prototype lightweight XC spokes, not even the stock XC spokes. That's what pros are for...testing stuff before it hits market.

I'm running a set of Industry Nine's on my Demo 8 right now and I've never ridden a stiffer set of wheels in my life. Just silly. My rims are practically crippled and are still perfectly true.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
How much does a complete frame spray like that cost? how much for the prep work? My SX is looking a little worked...maybe ill get er all pretty'd up.