Quantcast

06 Dh40?

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Anyonie know what the changes are, if any on the 2006 Fox DH40? I did a search, but couldn't really find anything. I've heard that they are supposed to start shipping 06 forks in a couple of months.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
AlmostHeaven said:
i'd be willing to be he doesn't know anything.

it's cool to be 'in the know' though.
for most guys on this site...that's their mentality...

have to say you're a bit off on the WCH though... :love: :blah:

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Considering nothing's changed on the float or vanilla lines, besides color, since they were released several years ago, I doubt anything will change on the 40 for a couple of years, unless they start breaking dropouts or the crowns start creaking. Fox doesn't seem the type of company to change every year, rather they release well designed and tested products so they don't have to have somethign totally new each year.

Eno

Chimp
Nov 19, 2001
The Floats and Vanillas went through shim and piston changes a couple of times. The Vanillas now run a Propedal setup stock. IFP design went through a change as well.

Fox makes running changes in shim stack and piston design without making much hoohah about it. For the 40, expect this to continually be tweaked. The hydrualic bottom out has a slight change as well to give it a plusher feel.

The disc only single-crown forks will sport the new hose guide mount.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Well I stand corrected. I forgot about the Vee brake bosses getting chopped off too. Well other than what you mentioned beefed up dropouts after 2 years and changing the type of loctite they used when pressing the stanchions in the crowns there haven't been any changes, all of them have been pretty under the radar, unless you had an old fork and a new one you probabally wouldn't even notice. Nothing like Marz where the castings change each year or manitou where they use an entirely different cartridge, or rockshox where they rename every fork every year or so.

Eno

Chimp
Nov 19, 2001
Eno said:
The Floats and Vanillas went through shim and piston changes a couple of times. The Vanillas now run a Propedal setup stock. IFP design went through a change as well.
Oops... My bad... the above was referring to the rear shocks. It was a very rushed reply.

It wasn't a change in loctite. It was paint not being fully removed from the crowns before the stantions were pressed in... Someone in the factory sleeping... The paint coat has been changed to a more glossy one, there's a new version of dust wipers. (I don't even know why they wanted to change these, they were working fine.) Adjustment knob shape changed. Lots of internal changes. Most of the steel rods have been replaced by aluminium ones saving weight and solving the problem of the rods separating from the top cap or piston area. Bottom out and negative spring's winding direction is now in the opposite direction to reduce rubbing noise in the event of deformation. Complete change in the damper cartridge! Air piston seals have been changed a couple of times.

XC forks would have some changes in the lineup with an additional model or two. There would be a slight change in the Talas system as well.

Eno said:
Oops... My bad... the above was referring to the rear shocks. It was a very rushed reply.

It wasn't a change in loctite. It was paint not being fully removed from the crowns before the stantions were pressed in... Someone in the factory sleeping... The paint coat has been changed to a more glossy one, there's a new version of dust wipers. (I don't even know why they wanted to change these, they were working fine.) Adjustment knob shape changed. Lots of internal changes. Most of the steel rods have been replaced by aluminium ones saving weight and solving the problem of the rods separating from the top cap or piston area. Bottom out and negative spring's winding direction is now in the opposite direction to reduce rubbing noise in the event of deformation. Complete change in the damper cartridge! Air piston seals have been changed a couple of times.

XC forks would have some changes in the lineup with an additional model or two. There would be a slight change in the Talas system as well.
well, i stand corrected also. my understanding is that these changes were not coming about until the 2007 lineup...

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
OGRipper said:
After all the early concern, has anyone broken their fork penis yet? Maybe I should wait until Northstar opens...
not me, and my fork has taken a beat down at some of the most notorious riding in the east..Bromont WC course, Ste Anne WC course, Bromont's new Canada cup course. It doesn't get much rougher then that. Fork has some battle scars, but no serious damage.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
OGRipper said:
After all the early concern, has anyone broken their fork penis yet? Maybe I should wait until Northstar opens...
biker3 crushed his into his adj. knobs and it had to get cut off by Fox at Deer Valley.

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
My fork has been beaten on by both Kyle Strait and me ( :think: ) and its still perfect other than alot of paint worn off the magnesium lowers...