Quantcast

06 e13 SST(26t) Chainguide?

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
when are they going to be available? also, anyone know pricing on just the chainring/bash?

thanks

(parts 1 and 4)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
When I saw that guide at the show I was like awww how cute, it's teeny weeny. :love:

One of those on an SS with a 15t rear cog would be almost exactly the same ratio as a 32/18. Can you say compact drive.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
I WANT A 28 VERSION FOR MY Brooklyn Race link. that would be sweet to have a tiny evil guard on it.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
punkassean said:
When I saw that guide at the show I was like awww how cute, it's teeny weeny. :love:

One of those on an SS with a 15t rear cog would be almost exactly the same ratio as a 32/18. Can you say compact drive.
exactly what i am doing on my black market

i like the tiny e13 bash:love:

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
What is the intended use of this guide? 26t sounds way to small for just about any application that would require a guide.

A BMW doesn't really need a chainguide.

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
buildyourown said:
What is the intended use of this guide? 26t sounds way to small for just about any application that would require a guide.

Street/DJ bikes w/ road casette.

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
Bicyclist said:
Isn't it hard on the cog on the rear because there's almost no engagement?
not a problem. It isn't as if i am pedaling double-centuries on the thing.

Micro-drive is pretty common in bmx now. Hardly anyone runs larger than a 13t in the rear.

Scurry

Monkey
May 9, 2003
Boston
punkassean said:

Are you running that ratio for street? That sounds crazy easy. I run 36: 16 So if I got this I would run something like 26:11.5555, so maybe 12.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
hey RD not to nitpick here but seeing at how you just go and flaunt your pimp parts infront of me I will point out that your rear brake is missalligned. That being said I already have a backorder on one of those guides and a full ti cycle dynamis cassette for my hardtail, and will get another one for my 4x bike when I build it

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
sama1ter said:
exactly what i am doing on my black market

i like the tiny e13 bash:love:

you and I seem to think alike often :thumb:

buildyourown said:

ah yes but it could always use a teeny tiny super charger ;)

Bicyclist said:
Isn't it hard on the cog on the rear because there's almost no engagement?
it's hard on the cog because less teeth are doing the same amount of work as compared to larger gear ratio so they wear out faster. But there are lots of upsides too. For example sprocket stalls will be more balanced (laterally) since the bike is resting closer to the BB shell and of course you have more ground clearance in general.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Scurry said:
Are you running that ratio for street? That sounds crazy easy. I run 36: 16 So if I got this I would run something like 26:11.5555, so maybe 12.
I have an SS kona kaboom frame that I will be building up soon and that will be more or less how I run it for sure, maybe a slightly smaller cog like a 13 or 14 though. 32/18 is more of a trail SS ratio that will let you climb some hills so yeah you can go to an 11 rear and nearly replicate your 36/16.

36/16 = 2.25:1
26/11 = 2.36:1

32/18 = 1.77:1
26/15 = 1.73:1

RD

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Boston, MA
maxyedor said:
hey RD not to nitpick here but seeing at how you just go and flaunt your pimp parts infront of me I will point out that your rear brake is missalligned. That being said I already have a backorder on one of those guides and a full ti cycle dynamis cassette for my hardtail, and will get another one for my 4x bike when I build it

It is actually getting full pad contact and is aligned properly.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
does anyone know if you can run this setup with a saint crank. I know you have to do a bit of mod on the regular one...but im thinking there just isnt enough material there to take off...anyone?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Couple quick questions for any of the e.13 guys or anyone else that can answer:

What is the bolt pattern of the packaged guide with the 26t crownwheel? Is it 64 / 4 bolt?

When will these guides ship to wholesalers like QBP?

Thanks!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
i'll take the crownwheel and the bash gaurd. you excepting back orders now?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
bummer i guess you cant use this thing with saint, the inner bcd is 64 w/ a saint which would work but wouldnt make any sense because the outer spider would go past the bashguard :mumble: