Quantcast

'06 Fox Float RLC

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Anyone have a Fox Float on their DJ'er? Looking for comments on the feeling and if you like it. I may have a deal on a used one, this one is originally 130mm but has had an internal spacer changed so it's 100mm travel.

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
i had an '04ish one w/100mm travel for awhile that i liked. ended up having to sell it because i got a new frame the steerer was too short or somethign to that effect. I rode it pretty hard for street/park/dj for a year and a half or so with no real issues. I think the lockout thing went out on me after a bit, so be wary if you were thinking of using that to ride around with a pseudo rigid fork, since thats not what its designed for. (i wasnt using it for that, but regardless it crapped out after about a year or so).

if the price is right id say go for it. its really adjustable and decently light compared to some of the options out there

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Thanks guys, I ended up picking up a brand new '07 Rock Shox All Mountian Revelation 426. It's the U-turn (85mm-130mm) coil version with all the bells and whistles.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Thanks guys, I ended up picking up a brand new '07 Rock Shox All Mountian Revelation 426. It's the U-turn (85mm-130mm) coil version with all the bells and whistles.
I went out to the park on Monday to try out the new fork. I am very pleased with my purchase. The lockout with the poploc option is the tits for jumping and park. Keeps the front end stiff until you get a good hit then it let's it travel. I didn't have to worry about pre-loading, and no bobbing around.