Quantcast

(06)p2-(06)p3

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
well i decided to buy a new dirt jump/park bike instead of building up my 2002 s-works enduro frame. there are two bikes that i have come down to, the specialized 2006 P.2 and the 2006 P.3! money is not an issue with either bike(P.1-1100$ P.2-1700$). the reason why i am asking you guys witch one would be better for dirtjumping/park riding is because all of my riding friends are like, why don't you just go with the P.2 instead of the P.3, and i have no clue why they say that, so if you guys could prefere one or the other that would be awsome! THANKS...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Are you going to upgrade components? The frame is the same so there's no point in paying for more expensive fork and brakes if you're going to change them out anyway.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
pretty much the only things i plan on doing for sure is converting it to a single speed set up and taking the front brake off. every thing else is fine. if i upgrade anything it will be becuase it brakes.

ryan/kona29

Monkey
Dec 2, 2005
bonney lake washington
well this will be my first hardtail so i really don't know much about the good stuff and bad. i ride downhill on a 2002 kona stab primo 9" travel and bmx, specialized fuse four(2005). i was going to just go with the P.3 or P.2 and convert it to a single speed and rear brake only, would't that be about the same as far as quility and $ if i where to build one up? i am going riding so i will be back on rm at about 10:30 later...

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
ryan/kona29 said:
money is not an issue with either bike(P.1-1100$ P.2-1700$).
I wish I had the wallet to back that statement up! Or the parents maybe....?

If your gonna spend $1700 and then go and take the front break and gears off you might as well build yourself something special. It sounds like its gonna be a straight street/dj bike, so I'd suggest you get a DOC, and manitou gold, a set of the new Dee Traks, a bb7 rear break, and some husselfelts or a good set of cro mo cranks. That would be a sick bike, and if you shopped around, you could get it for less than a p3.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
pick a cool frame.... get a fork that will handle whatever style of rider you are... then...

Hope mini rear brake
profiles profiles profiles- with imperial chainring
ultegra chain, cassette and der...
hadley or king rear hub...

etc etc...
bling it custom yo

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
ya id shop around and build up a bike

i built this up for prob $1200

if ur using this as a dj/street hardtail and dont wanna build up a bike (and pay alot less $$$) id just get a p1 or p2 cromo. For dj etc u really dont need expensive components, and def not what comes on the p3. Id get the p2 cromo (which comes w/ bb5s, a nice mech disk brake) for $880 and save myself some time and cash. Or like i said build one up

if u decide u wanna build up a frame id go with a blackmarket mob frame and parts all from www.unrealcycles.com they should have everything u need for a sick ht.