Quantcast

06 Pike Or 06 Nixon

alex

Chimp
May 20, 2004
Im faced with a tough question for my heckler, which is built up for freeride. Nixon PLatty Intrensic or PIKE 426 I dunno. Id prefer coil and oil, but what do you think. I like a stiff little platform, but I also enjoy a supple fork.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
i love my 426. so plush, so adjustable, and so cheap. but you might want more the 140 mm for a heckler. a 36 is prime but if your on a budget go for the pike. locked out with a low gate gives a good platform.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I love my Pike 454 Air U-turn on my heckler. 140mm is perfect, any longer and you'll push through the turns. No experience with a nixon but after owning a minute and a sherman I will not go back to manitou any time soon.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
the nixon is a nice fork but the pike is killer. the platform is just what you are looking for just a little firm at the beginning but after that its plush. also you can completely turn the platform off. also the pike is a stiffer chassie than the nixon is

Raaar

Monkey
Sep 13, 2004
I've got a Nixon Platinum on my Heckler...works really well- can't complain at all. I was on the fence between it and the Pike, and it ultimatley came down to getting a really good deal on the Nixon. I'm more of an all-mountain sort of rider, though, so take it for what it's worth. I would have gone with a Pike in a heartbeat if the 454 air had come along at the same price.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
my nixon platinum has been kicking ass for over a year now on my mtnx/freeride/bkepark/xc bike (sinister splinter with two diff rear shocks) i love it. feels great and easy travel adjust