shimano lx rear derailer, cassette and chain
specialized seat
ODI lock on ruffian mx grips
crank bros 5050x pedals

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
sick bike man, i got the same frame but with a fox, raceface and xt-xtr build and couldent be happier. enjoy the bike

dirtpaws

Chimp
Jan 19, 2004
Parts Unknown
Sweet SX!

Question...
Have you tried just trail/xc riding the SX?

I wanted to build up an all purpose play and trail bike and this seems like it's the winner because:
- 17" seattube means I can raise the seat to pedaling height (on the Long frame)
- Front der mount, sweet because not all 4x full susp can hang a FD
- 69/69 geometry

dirtpaws said:
Sweet SX!

Question...
Have you tried just trail/xc riding the SX?

I wanted to build up an all purpose play and trail bike and this seems like it's the winner because:
- 17" seattube means I can raise the seat to pedaling height (on the Long frame)
- Front der mount, sweet because not all 4x full susp can hang a FD
- 69/69 geometry
Yeah, I have the same question to you SX owners. I'm looking for a slalom/4x bike that I can easily convert to trail use by raising the seatpost. Does this bike fit the bill:confused:

dablake914

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
Burlington, CT
lets just put it this way.... it handles anything from pedaling uphill to railing berms and semi tech trails and jumps. drops i wouldnt take it off very big unless its got a smooth transition and youre relatively smooth, seeing how 4.2 inches with an airshock wouldnt be very forgiving off a 7+ foot drop

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
ive riddin some north shore wanna be stuff with mine 6-7 foot drops to sketchy landys and if your a smooth rider its great. its really an awesome bike. I was riding street on it before i broke my ankle climbing, and i was being pretty hard on it. i wouldent be hestiant to drop bigger things on it as long as it had a good tranny. my only complaint was the rear shock, about 3 weeks into riding it the shock experienced stuck down which i guess is a warrenty issue, and fox took care of that.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
jonnynails said:
Yeah, I have the same question to you SX owners. I'm looking for a slalom/4x bike that I can easily convert to trail use by raising the seatpost. Does this bike fit the bill:confused:
The way that I have my bike setup all I have to do is drop the seat for slalom or jumping, but honestly, I have used mine 90% as a trailbike. It is awesome in Pisgah. I ride it in the steeper setting with a 69 degree head angle, and it rips everything. I am 5'10 and the long frame fits me great. It may be too small for a trailbike if you are 6'0 or over though.