Quantcast

'06 SRAM Stuff on PinkBike

J

JRB

Thanks SRAM for making it look good after I already own it. Good thing I didn't like it and put shimano back on. ;)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
wow. i want. i've busted 2 of the big thumb lever there. finally its replaceble.
i hope all the others are like that too

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
Oh my... very nice! How long until Avid and RS have the same sort of aesthetic treatment done to their products?
It's good to see proper carbon fibre weave, instead of that craptastic printed on graphic they've had. Alot of things are made of carbon, not a whole lot made of carbon fibre. Why try and make carbon composite look like carbon fibre, when it's not? Damn marketing... :nuts:

Shmoe

Monkey
Oct 23, 2001
Calgary, Canada eh?
I REALLY hope that shifter is avalible in 'right only' for Canada. I will buy one if it is. I imagine it will be as you can get the x.7 and x.9 like that.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
That's pimp. I'm excited as I keep bending the cast downshift paddle.
Maybe I can make my own slimmer one that won't get in my way so much....

peachy

Monkey
Jan 17, 2005
vancouver,bc
how much is that shifter going to cost... $150 USD/side? not going to be cheap... looks more like a prototype rather than production.

RubberSideUp

Chimp
Jan 20, 2005
Here
Until this very second I thought all the pig avatar guys were the same person.

Go Sram. When companies compete we win. I think carbon looks cheesy on shifters and derailleurs but everything else is bling.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
The carbon isn't there for looks man...

In regular SRAM fashion, the XO stuff will be priced way out of the market for most consumers to buy unfortunately. Any racers who don't get it free will be thinking twice as well as things get broken when racing.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely ADORE my sram drivetrains, but man, is XO expensive. I have one XO derrailleur they gave me, the stuff i had to pay for is all x9. Performance AND value is where it's at.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Transcend said:
Well, for about 7 years the "carbon" was there for looks. Not the best track record...

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
i will be get the shifter and my be the cassette but not the rear mech as i think if i smashed it i ould cry.im the same as one of you guys i buy x7 and x9 mechs as replace ments

RubberSideUp

Chimp
Jan 20, 2005
Here
Ummm? actually it is. Carbon (in this application) does not naturally have the "fiber" look. It is just black like the new Easton Monkey Lite bars. The lines are put in, you guessed it, for looks.

I meant that the fake lines look bad, not that carbon looks or is bad.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
DHS said:
wow. i want. i've busted 2 of the big thumb lever there. finally its replaceble.
i hope all the others are like that too
Dude, me too. I have crashed and landed right on top them. I'm not sure what's worse....the huge bruise from the shifter of having to replace it.

Oh, and I learned the hard way....taking them apart to 'fix' it doesn't work :mad:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
RubberSideUp said:
Ummm? actually it is. Carbon (in this application) does not naturally have the "fiber" look. It is just black like the new Easton Monkey Lite bars. The lines are put in, you guessed it, for looks.

I meant that the fake lines look bad, not that carbon looks or is bad.
The lines are indeed fake, but it is real carbon. JM is talking about the faux carbon finish on the old plastic SRAM units...