Quantcast

06 Steelhead!

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
woo hoo! Arrived back home from Christmas yesterday to find my steelhead frame had arrived from the far away land of California. I ordered a 2005 for $170 and to my great surprise they sent a 2006! Much nicer look than in the past. I'll post up pics this evening after work. sweet frame!

:monkey:

MikeT

Monkey
Feb 17, 2002
Hell
i wonder how much good that HT gusset does... maybe it's for dual crown fork safety?

but congrats ! haha, for that price it's a steal

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Nice to see they did something with the disc brake mount to make it more friendly with the horizontal drop out.
Maybe they won't crack as easy as the earlier Steelheads.

Nice looking frame and a good price.
What's going on it?

Transfer

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Seattle, WA
Peete said:
Nice to see they did something with the disc brake mount to make it more friendly with the horizontal drop out.
Maybe they won't crack as easy as the earlier Steelheads.

Nice looking frame and a good price.
What's going on it?
Singlespeed, mostly FSA parts, Manitou Black Elite 100mm with stiff springs, Hope mono mini rear, and hopefully 24in Rhyno Lite XLs with Holy Rollers. I was sent 26s by mistake.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
I see a picture of a fish painted on there. Is a steelhead a fish? If so, run the bike with a rockshox pike, and then you will have two fish names! :)

AV

Chimp
Jun 9, 2003
Arlington, VA
haromtnbiker said:
I see a picture of a fish painted on there. Is a steelhead a fish? If so, run the bike with a rockshox pike, and then you will have two fish names! :)
You are right it is a fish Steelhead Salmon/trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss).