Quantcast

'07/ '08 Turner DHR

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Might want to run some sort of protection on the upper chainstay too. The chain likes to bounce around in there.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
I'm collecting all the parts for mine right now. But i'm not ordering the frame until July just in case there are some issues arise with it. That thing is awesome looking. Have fun on that baby.
This is probably a bad strategy if you want to get a bike this year. The bike will be fine, the rear suspension is the same old proven stuff and the new frame has been FEA tested extensively, just do it. If something does develop like a common crack somewhere, Im sure turner will back it up, they always do.

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
How tall are you?

Can you ask someone to take some pics of you standing on the bike next to a wall or something?

Thanks,

Renato Flórido
You've seen pics of Shaq standing next to your normal joe???? Well thats about how he looks standing next to the bike

....... he'd be Shaq:biggrin:

IFL

Chimp
Jan 23, 2004
DK Land
Just frame the bike and hang it on the wall as is right now. So you can wake up everyday and admire it. You wouldnt throw your favorite super-model down the hill either :homer:

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
Nice! That head tube is tiny.

If that were my bike i would run the rear der cable along the bottom stay and keep it close to the pivot and minimize flexing. If your worried about the outer getting damaged run it under the chain stay protector.

I have been running mine this way for 2 years on a 04 DHR with no troubles, and Turner were even kind enough to provide the cable guides for this method on the 08 model.
Do you run Shimano or Sram? I run Shimano rear d's, any issues with the loop?

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Just frame the bike and hang it on the wall as is right now. So you can wake up everyday and admire it. You wouldnt throw your favorite super-model down the hill either :homer:
Dude, i hate to kiss ass online but you had one of the top 3 runs down the tech section at Fontana, that was really nice!

no ****, i almost don't want to ride the bike it's so sexy...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Holy **** that's beautiful, man. I've seen the new DHRs raw, grey, and bright green now...they all look great in their own way...but that's just sex.

The Freerider sticker will look fantastic on the top tube.

W4S

Turbo Monkey
Mar 2, 2004
Back in Hell A, b1thces
Any news updates over here?
I've been having a 'stupid crash' streak recently and managed to hurt myself on an xc ride last week and, mixed with work, havent been able to ride. Shoulder feels good and we're planning on going to SB this weekend, so i will write something on Sunday, but parking lot tests the bike feels really neutral in steering and the angles feel really slack. The frame is definitely lower and smaller, a lot lower, I think it will like going really fast.

R

Rabie

I've been having a 'stupid crash' streak recently and managed to hurt myself on an xc ride last week and, mixed with work, havent been able to ride. Shoulder feels good and we're planning on going to SB this weekend, so i will write something on Sunday, but parking lot tests the bike feels really neutral in steering and the angles feel really slack. The frame is definitely lower and smaller, a lot lower, I think it will like going really fast.
Too bad you won't be able to verify that as you spend Saturday being shuttle bitch.

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Do you run Shimano or Sram? I run Shimano rear d's, any issues with the loop?
I run an xtr with roller magij. Great set up. Without the roller magij you would end up with a crappy loop.

But you can still go near the main pivot, run it similar to the brake line, go pivot, bottom stay to top stay and loop down.