Quantcast

07 Enduro

digger

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
nowhere you would want to be
Great, another Kona wanna-be! Why did Specialized do this? They are so known for their own brand of 4-bar that they had licensed and now they are selling out to look like the most used form of suspension

CMAC

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
Yay Area, CA
yo diggerchimp, specialized didnt copy norcos design, they just changed the direction of the shock on a regular fsr. can you believe that specialized suspention, that is crazy ish.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
digger said:
Great, another Kona wanna-be! Why did Specialized do this? They are so known for their own brand of 4-bar that they had licensed and now they are selling out to look like the most used form of suspension
IT'S FSR ASSHAT! Look at the pivot on the chainstay near the dropout. Before you talk crap make sure to pull your head out of your ass and talk true crap, not made up crap based on faulty observations. :bomb:

digger

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
Bicyclist said:
IT'S FSR ASSHAT! Look at the pivot on the chainstay near the dropout. Before you talk crap make sure to pull your head out of your ass and talk true crap, not made up crap based on faulty observations. :bomb:

Before you start calling me names and insulting me look a little closer to what I said you dik head! I said it looks like another kona wanna-be because it LOOKS more like a kona then any FSR design you $hit-hole! And as for a Specialized bike.... it looks weak too! Got a problem with me sharing my thoughts you moron?

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
I really dig the current Enduro design.. looks bad a$$. Interesting that they decided to change the location of the pivot points... so that you can access the boost valve's schraeder valve (now present). Somehow looks like a design I've seen somewhere before, i.e. with rocker arm.

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
if it can bring the price of the enuro down, that would be nice. i knoe specialized has their sh!t together, but $3200 for a trail bike? thats a bit much

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
arboc! said:
if it can bring the price of the enuro down, that would be nice. i knoe specialized has their sh!t together, but $3200 for a trail bike? thats a bit much
Considering they tend to spec their bikes with good components, I do not think that they're over priced. My Intense 5.5 trail bike is close to $5k... no value there, just indulgence.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
digger said:
Before you start calling me names and insulting me look a little closer to what I said you dik head! I said it looks like another kona wanna-be because it LOOKS more like a kona then any FSR design you $hit-hole! And as for a Specialized bike.... it looks weak too! Got a problem with me sharing my thoughts you moron?
So, just because they reconfigured the linkage BUT IT'S STILL FSR, it's now copying Kona? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

If you say something looks like a Kona you better be able to back it up.

Moron.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
Bicyclist said:
not to talk sh!t but both you and him repeat themselves a lot. You wrote crap a lot and he wrote moron a lot like three times. It is just funny:) I really don't want to get in the middle of this. just pointing it out for a few good laughs.

digger

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
Bicyclist said:
So, just because they reconfigured the linkage BUT IT'S STILL FSR, it's now copying Kona? Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. :rolleyes:

If you say something looks like a Kona you better be able to back it up.

Moron.
It does look like a Kona more then an FSR to me Dillhole. Look at where the swing link is placed!... Duh!

digger

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
SXtrailrider said:
not to talk sh!t but both you and him repeat themselves a lot. You wrote crap a lot and he wrote moron a lot like three times. It is just funny:) I really don't want to get in the middle of this. just pointing it out for a few good laughs.

Actually Bro, I wrote moron once. :D:

/\/\att

Chimp
Aug 9, 2005
burlington ct
Its not a kona, its fsr, it doesnt madder how it looks, its there location of the pivots, it could look any way as long as it had a vertical wheel path, with the pivots in the right place its fsr. look at the older enduro and a demo, both fsr but look diffrent.

digger

Chimp
Jun 21, 2006
REALLY???? WOW! Are you sure it's not a Kona? IT sure looks like one so I guess it has to be one..... right?

You are about as bright as my butt cheeks in the middle of winter! Noone ever said it was a Kona, just that the rocker arm is the same design seen on ever f/s Kona. Thus, the new specialized looks like a Kona

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
digger said:
REALLY???? WOW! Are you sure it's not a Kona? IT sure looks like one so I guess it has to be one..... right?

You are about as bright as my butt cheeks in the middle of winter! Noone ever said it was a Kona, just that the rocker arm is the same design seen on ever f/s Kona. Thus, the new specialized looks like a Kona
Thus, you don't get how any suspension set up works and you don't know how to tell them appart. IT IS FSR!!!

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
With that said, I don't like the new Enduro design... looks too much like a faux-bar/rocker arm design, i.e. Kona. As the saying goes, "If it ain't broke..."

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Looks lighter, with the option of having a carbon S-works version front end.
It definitely looks more flexy with smaller pivots than my '04, specifically at the BB.
I guess with the demo 7 comming out they wanted to take some beef out of the enduro and make it more all-mtn-ish.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
I have to agree with DIGGER. Regardless of where the rear piviots are located, the new enduro looks more like a Kona then a standard FSR! NOt to mention that the new design just looks weak

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
http://www.singletrackworld.com/article.php?sid=2060

Looks like I was right. I hate being right sometimes.

I'm more weary now than when we saw the white Al version a few weeks ago.
The fork won't clear the tires most of ride around here and why would they really want to market a DC 6" fork when the trend is SC's?
The 25mm axle is nice, but Spec is gonna have a hard time selling a proprietary set-up for that front end.
Someone is going to put a dent in the ft triange from a rock and then it will fail catastofically. It's not like the old Y-bikes where you could drill holes at the end of the cracks to stop it, fact carbon will snap like Al will.

So who's gonna buy it? Only a couple of shops who are S-Works dealers(which are actually different from normal Spec dealers) will get one of these over the road and xc bikes they have to stock.

So I think they could've gone a different route in makeing a sub-30lb 6" bike that would have been more marketable, less expensive and proprietary.

Looks pimp though.

glivingston5

Chimp
May 9, 2005
no offense to any one who likes them (not that any one would) but those forks look realy gay, and crappy, and impractical. theres realy no use for a dc on that kind of bike. its not like any one who rides that is gonna need a extra strong fork or anything, it definatly isnt a freeride oriented bike by any means. i dont think u could pay me to ride (or be seen with) that fork on any bike

dablake914

Chimp
Jul 15, 2005
Burlington, CT
my LBS owner went out to cali for a week and tested out the majority of the bikes, he says its a dream... slim to no flex and it weighs in at 25 pounds.

specialized lightened all their gravity bikes for 07

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
The front end is going to be a little higher than looks since in the picture the front wheel is on the stairs below. Just figured i'd point that out just incase someone didn't see it.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Something tells me this bike's gonna flop. However, if the SX Trail is built a bit lighter this year stock it could sell really well. We'll see.

I'm curious to see the Stumpjumper FSR, which is IMO their best trail bike. We'll see what the new one looks like.

CKxx

Monkey
Apr 10, 2006
digger said:
Dude, face it, you were wrong and you tried to cover it up but only succeded in making a larger fool of yourself. Go play outside for a while and cool off. Do some sweet curb drops or somthing 'till mom calls you in for dinner.

wood-dog

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
the mid-west armpit!
CKxx said:
Dude, face it, you were wrong and you tried to cover it up but only succeded in making a larger fool of yourself. Go play outside for a while and cool off. Do some sweet curb drops or somthing 'till mom calls you in for dinner.
I think Digger was being sarcastic with his comment which shows you are the one who need to wait for his momma!