Quantcast

07 Specialized Webiste up

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Wow.

They actually went forward and spec'd the Gamut chainguides...

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that they (Gamut) are lightweight guides for racing only?

EDIT: Wow again - only $1100 for a Big Hit III FSR frame set... I haven't seen low prices like that in a while from Spesh. The Demo 8 frame set is $500 cheaper than 06' too...

EDIT: This is interesting - Demo 8 Features:

Demo 8 FSR M5 manipulated alloy frame, 8.2" travel, 26" F/R wheel, asymetrical rear triangle, ISCG mount, adj geometry
1- 1/8" forged HT, cartridge bearing rear shock mount, rear derailleur protector.
Fox DHX 5.0 coil
Truvativ Holzfeller OCT hollow crankset, 38t alloy ring, 170mm, w/ Gamut guide
Specialized Lo-Pro Mag pedals
Specialized EX-5.1 rims,
Specialized disc front
Specialized bolt-on 135mm rear hub, hollow Cro-Mo axle w/ RD guard
Specialized Chunder 26x2.3" tires
Available shock shuttle for 7" travel DHX Air w/ corrected geo for 7" travel fork

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
I agree. The Gamut's in general are spec'ed for race bikes and not persistent bashing.

Wow.

They actually went forward and spec'd the Gamut chainguides...

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that they (Gamut) are lightweight guides for racing only?

EDIT: Wow again - only $1100 for a Big Hit III FSR frame set... I haven't seen low prices like that in a while from Spesh. The Demo 8 frame set is $500 cheaper than 06' too...

EDIT: This is interesting - Demo 8 Features:

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
The SX is now speced with thompson seatpost, that is sick for a complete bike or frameset to come with that high quaility of a part.

driftsrfun

Chimp
Sep 14, 2006
paradise
brandon sloan is a genious putting together that bike spec that bike spec, its very good gamut, fox, sram, dt swiss, thomson, i am just not to sure about the under 17'' chainstays, 46.5 wheelbase and the 14 1/2bb height for the medium size

davep

Turbo Monkey
Jan 7, 2005
seattle
Finally they decided to bring the prices back down to earth.

Always seemed wierd...huge co, made overseas, they should have been priced under domestic manufacturing to gain market share NOT priced over boutique mfg. I guess the endure sl is the new margin maker. (seen the tire clearance on the S fork??)

DT must be making their rims VERY attractive to oem. It is well known that they are quite soft and not holding up to what people expect (look at any forum), but I.H. is specing them and the demos have 5.1s (an enduro rim) as well, and they will all be machine built:bonk: . This 'my DH bike is lighter that your DH bike' stuff is getting out of hand, if you buy one of these bikes and ride it, you had better put some $ aside for replacement rims.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Specialized had been advertising for an in house design position for a while. I guess they found someone who isn't afraid to take risks. All I can say it that the decision makers thought these design schemes were a good idea. Go figure.

On another note. I can't wait until my son is big enough for me to buy him a Fuse 16. Very cool!

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
The stickers didn't look very peelable to me when I saw them in Montreal. I tried picking at it with my finger, and the seam for the sticker was super tight, making me think its was clearcoated over.

mache

Chimp
Jun 16, 2006
I still can't wrap my head around how ugly those Demo's are.
The Demo 8 frame-only at least has a decent colour, but the downtube is horrific.
The Demo 7 I (green/black) looks decent colour-wise, but the actual frame....yuck.

The P.1 however is looking awesome.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
OK..things in the Demo 8 Spec that are confusing:
Specialized EX-5.1, 28mm w/eyelets, 36h
DT letting them re-badge them?

Truvativ Holzfeller, 36t alloy ring, 170mm, w/ Gamut guide
CHAINRINGS 38t, 4 bolt, compact 104mm pattern
BOTTOM BRACKET Truvativ Howitzer Team, oversize sealed outboard cartridge bearing, 73mm shell

So according to these three specs, somebody can't type 36t and 38t contradict one another...typo meant to say 38t on both I'm sure.

But what is this 73mm shell? Another typo?...Demo runs an 83mm shell on the '06 and a 6mm offset dish to make the rear have a false 150mm and straighter chainline. I assume they are not going back to 73mm and standard dish?

Thomson post is fantastic.

Scared of the Gamut guide. Any word from DW if E13 will bolt up to the tabs in '07?

Price on the Demo 8 Pto stayed the same which is great considering you get a far lighter and completey redesigned frame with a more rearward axle path!! Nothing like not having to pay more...and get more! Heck the frame cost DROPPED $500.00.

burly50

Where the hell is everyone?
May 13, 2006
Westtown, NY
PURE SEX

I only wish I knew. I would have waited.

I am surprized at some of the spec on the top models. Demos didn't get CODE brakes? LX front deraileurs on $4000-$6000 bikes. Not very impressive. There's more, but I have to go eat clams now.:cheers:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
The SX is now speced with thompson seatpost, that is sick for a complete bike or frameset to come with that high quaility of a part.
Well it's not like the price changed, the SX Trail frame last year was $1700 with no seatpost I believe. So they're throwing in a $80 post (which they probably get for cheap) and charging the same?

The Big Hit frame is the value winner. DH worthy, 26" wheels, 8" of travel for $1100. That's a good deal. If the Enduro frame was more like $1450-1600 I'd think it'd be more attractive to buy just the frame as most "all mountain" frames are sorta in that $1000-1400 range. $1700 is getting up towards full DH frames.

Oh well, that baby blue SX frame is sick :)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Last year the SXT came with a Syncros, now a Thomson. Not a big deal IMO.

The blue SXT looks really sick IMO, I'd ride that thing.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Just for good measure...

The aesthetics of this years Specialized lineup is not appealing to me...not just the paintjobs, but the way the tubes are arranged. The Demo looks like a pregnant 80 year old, and the BigHit looks...topheavy? It really needs a sloping toptube...