Quantcast

07 Specialized Webiste up

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Just for good measure...

The aesthetics of this years Specialized lineup is not appealing to me...not just the paintjobs, but the way the tubes are arranged. The Demo looks like a pregnant 80 year old, and the BigHit looks...topheavy? It really needs a sloping toptube...
WTF is that?

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Fashion statements aside - if the bike handles bumps well, and carves like a Ginsu I don't care if it looks like... wait a sec... :biggrin:

Seriously though - The 07' Demo 8 looks like its going to be a MUCH better bike for DH racing compared to the 05'-06' models which had a more FR oriented geo and suspension.

The 07' Demo 8 will also be able to run a 7" shock shuttle that not only allows you to set up the bike for different tracks, but the shuttle also corrects the geo. for compatibility with a 7" fork. So if you have a Fox40 you can do the internal adj. thing and reduce travel accordingly. You can also alter the travel of an 07' Marzocchi 888 SL-ATA, or an 06' Rock Shock Boxxer U-Turn, so there are some options to consider if you want to build a frame kit and utilize the 7" shuttle.

Pretty cool if you ask me.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
after looking at the demo 7 frame only again, i must say, i kind of like it. i hated it the first time i saw it but it's starting to grow on me. it seems like most people are totally overlooking the designs and are focusing on the aesthetics. but i guess since it is the "big, mean evil-empire named specialized" people need to bitch about something...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Yeah, the new Demo8 seems way more legit, but I really don't like the short rear ends they've specc'ed in the past. I'm psyched on how much better my '06 rides with the 40 in the 7" travel mode. I can only imagine a 7" rear with a 6/6.5" front. Low and quick!

Let's see the geo!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, the new Demo8 seems way more legit, but I really don't like the short rear ends they've specc'ed in the past. I'm psyched on how much better my '06 rides with the 40 in the 7" travel mode. I can only imagine a 7" rear with a 6/6.5" front. Low and quick!

Let's see the geo!
The new Demos have even shorter CSs. The 7 has a 65/66 deg HA with a 14.2" (I think) BB. The new TTs are a bit shorter too so the wheelbase isn't as long.

driftsrfun

Chimp
Sep 14, 2006
paradise
07' demo 8 has shorter chain stays than the 06', higher bb height because the 07' demo has alittle more travel than the 06' one. maybe alittle shorter chainstays because the axle path moves back so when it is fully extended it is normal length