Quantcast

08 40 Tops out in first inch of travel

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
I had this happen to mine at the snowmass national this year too...but being in san diego right now, and knowing the lack of bike shops that will work on a f-x...i think were sorta left to fix it by ourselves...sucks...i think theres "air" in the fork somewhere. i remember hearing that somewhere...and no the rebound isnt set to high, its literally in the first inch of travel. the rest of the travel works like normal.

sry i cant be more helpfull, never taken apart a 40 before...besides the spring side...

and we need to ride or he gets a twitch so plz respond! =]

P.S. Yes we are calling places and checking manuals, just checking here too for a quick fix maybe

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
sorry, but there is no quick fix. if there is air in your cartridge, it will need a bleed. and you need some special clamps to open up the cartridge.

the bleed it self isn't too hard to do. best way to check if there is air in the for is set the rebound at the maximum setting and listen as the fork rebounds. you will hear if there is air in it for sure.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
dont worry to much about it, it doesn't really do any harm besides make some noise when it tops out. send it off to a fox service center when you can.