Quantcast

08 Boxxer WC Floodgate Not Working?

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Ok I serviced my fork and stuck it on my new frame. I notice the floodgate seems to be not working, it just turns the Blue LSC knob, sure it used to turn independently without affecting the LSC knob. Forks have also lost their initial plushness, feel like there is too much air or running loads of compression? I took out the motion control damper and the LSC is working OK. Anyone know whats going on?

JimLad

Monkey
Sep 23, 2009
Whistler
Remove the LSC adjuster knob and the Floodgate knob and unscrew the topcap from the moco unit to take a look. The lack of plushness could be that the floodgate is set too far in, which would make the fork hard to blow off.

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Remove the LSC adjuster knob and the Floodgate knob and unscrew the topcap from the moco unit to take a look. The lack of plushness could be that the floodgate is set too far in, which would make the fork hard to blow off.
OK after doing some searching I appear to be have the old motion control damper that sram replaced because of problems. This is not possible where I am, so going to have to fix myself. I think the floodgate has stuck on, can I adjust it independently of the knob? Just need to adjust and leave it. My floodgate knob keeps unseating, but I can fix this I think.