Quantcast

08 DHX air dh worthy?

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
Hey,
I was just wondering if the new 08 dhx air was dh worthy yet.

Also anyone know who to get an 08 compression cartridge for the 40?

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
Stick to your DHX Coil, I know you're relatively heavy and the standard DHX will perform better for most situations. Try to get the cartridge straight through Fox, that's your best bet.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i've only heard people talking smack about '07 and below years of the air shocks.i would play it safe and stick to your coil like red bull said.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
I have a DHX 5.0 air, and its alright, but it doesn't compress like a coil at all, and not in a good way. So in my opinion, I'd agree with the above and stick with a coil. However if you don't mind how it feels, from what I understand they can hold up to 400PSI before they blow (before compression).

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
yeah, I'm just asking because the 9.5x3 wasnt offered to my team last year due to it being for hardcore trail riding. I was just curious probably not going to get one.

any one know pricing on the 08 cartridge for the 40?

NorthWest

Chimp
Feb 11, 2008
Bellingham, WA
The long stoke shock is freakin intense. I have a DHX Air right now (an 08) and it works great. It is a little odd because you have to run less sag. I'd use it strictly as an "alternative" shock. I want a Coil for everyday riding but if you are looking for strict weight savings check it out.

I think the cartridge is 150 dealer cost. Why would you need the whole cartridge? You can take them apart completely and replace anything damaged, and/or tune it for you purpose.

b1k3_r1d3r

Monkey
Jul 6, 2005
well the 08 fork relies more on the cartridge than the coil as the 07 and before did. I've heard its a little sensative in the highspeed/small bump area.

JDA

Chimp
Feb 6, 2008
Sydney, Australia
I've been using one in my 08 Glory for about 5 weeks now, done plenty of riding and one race with it, I can't fault it in any way so far, it works very nice!

My only complaint is the propedal adjustment, for 08 its a lever with min and max propedal being the only options.