Quantcast

08 glory

bikedh7

Monkey
May 23, 2006
big bear city
Anybody on a medium size glory? I'm 6'1 and cant decide on which size to get, the large has a 25.4 inch top tube...just seems really long to me. input?

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
it really depend. at 6'1, you're at the point where you could ride either i think, it really depends on your preference. what is the medium's TT length?

Oct 19, 2001
I am also 6'1 amd am riding the large. I generally like longer bikes and find that it is a very comfortable size. I have also put in a fair bit of time on the medium and find it a little short for me. My suggestions to you are if you want a very stable bike for racing or high speed rigding, go with the large. If you ride mostly slower tech riding, then you will likely be more comfortable on the medium. Either way, hopefully Giant makes an inbetween size for 2009.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
the geometry on the glory 0 is different from the DH, but it also has the big jump in TT from 23.2 or something to 25.4. I'm 6'1"-6'2", but i've been riding medium, and even small bikes all my life. I got the large because the medium wasn't gonna be available for awhile, and couldn't be happier with my decision. instantly comfortable, and no problems moving it around for techy stuff. I have longish arms, and my torso-legs are pretty proportional.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i am not 6'1 or anywhere close, but i wouldn't go anywhere the m size bike if i was you.

i am 5'8 and have a bike which has a 22.5 top tube. perfect for me, maybe slightly big. but i cant imagine someone 6'1 on a bike my size.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
im 5'11 and im on a large, mainly because at the time they had no mediums. but im very comfortable on the large. some friends rode it that are taller then me and they love it.

get a large.

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
i went through this exact same problem. lost sleep over it. but im 6 ft. ended up with a meduim. i love it. i ride mostly on the east coast. the large is much bigger.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Hi,
i'm 175 cm (no idea how much this is in ft/inches) and i ride a m.
the tt length is a bit on the short side which is ok for me. the only hassle is, that when i get up and pedal hard i hit the stanchions of my fork with my knee caps, as the tt is pretty short. otherwise the m is really nice, esp on tight tracks. good bike!