Quantcast

08 rockshox vivid

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
Anyone know if the new vivid rear shock is available yet, and who has them? If anyone has any experience with these, how do you like it? I'm looking for a new shock for my DH bike and right now it's a toss up between the vivid and roco wc, what do you guys think. I want something thats going to be really plush!:cheers:

VMARTINEZ

Monkey
May 23, 2005
BTI and Qbp will both have them so any shop will be able to order them. BUT they dont have them I just checked.
I am looking for one for my Canfield F1.
VM

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
yea i dont think until february. thats the last i heard of when BTI will be stocking them. but i just ordered a DHR and Fluidride told me i could get one on it. . . . so idk. call rockshox direct and ask?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I had the pleasure of riding vivids on a borrowed bullit and v-10 last summer. Didn't get to spend a lot of time with either bike but initial impressions were very good - super plush, a bit more controlled/less active than a DHX. The dual rebound adjustment makes a lot of sense - you can keep it pretty quick and separately limit the catapult factor on harder hits. I don't have any meaningful experience with rocco or double barrel but if the vivid proves to be reliable it looks to be another great shock option.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
i do have roco experience i should have written about in my earlier post, definetly super plush, same adjustments as any other shock, but i like itbetter than the DHx, little more plush to me.

roco wc or vivid, both will be good

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Cecil, should'nt you be on the road by now? Anyway did'nt you just get a new shock
Will be driving up in the morning around 6:30 am for the day. I have a Vendor in the office today and can't leave till the morning. I just put a DHX Air on my new bike for normal day to day riding. It works great. I will be putting a Coil Shock on it for racing though. I am up in the air with the Vivid and CC DB. I just know the Vivid will cost me half what the DB is but be a lot better than a DHX.