Quantcast

08 TLD Helmets inside

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Crazy. How much do blank helmets usually run for? My cousin is a kick@ss artist and I was thinking about getting her to paint a helmet for me.

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ
TLD D2 White/Blue and Black/Green

TLD D2 Flame Blue, Black/Yellow, Matte Black/Gray (I'm guessing carbon)

TLD D2 Phobia (Carbon as well)

TLD D2 Peaty

I think the Peaty one is f'n sick! I'm also liken the Phobia. I'll be getting the Peaty one...

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
My wife got an 08' that will not be made, too feminine ;)
I'm in love! (With the helmet, not your wife!) Wonder if they have any more protos with that design and color scheme? I really like it! They have to have at least one fem option!

Man does post surgery down time make me want to go shopping! I need a new helmet!

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
This is last years model. Looks gloss to me.
which is why i was asking if these were the SE. i wasnt sure, just wanted to see if they swiched it up this year

I was talking to the manager of Bicycle Centers of Silverlake (great guy) and he said that these helmets are still the same old non-DOT D2's. The SE helmets are the DOT-approved ones.
haha, great guy my ass. as soon as brett left, that shop tanked. its a shame most of he shop guys are leaving after this year, none of them like the manager.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Who would have thought people could over take me in the whining category, but you guys killed the cat on this one.
TLD set the bar so high for themselves that anything less than a complete stunner of a helmet is considered bland.
Plus, this year those ones with the eyeball are straight replicas of an old moto helmet in their gallery...Lusk or Henry's maybe?

Your wife's lid is the only one that is relatively different from the same old TLD flame pattern..and yet they aren't making it.

The Peat helmet...it's a fanboy helmet. Most people don't sport another guy on their helmet.

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
wow... not too impressed w/ the full line this season. though you might think me biased, since i'm a painter as well, i'd be the first to admit TLD stuff is usually pretty sick. they've always had some pretty cool stuff... but i'm just not really diggin this year's selection.

The chito... i'm really not into.. i wouldn't run that stock at all. I really don't like the old school eyeball/piston deal either.

The Flame... i like flames, but they're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO overdone. the flame design is cool though... but sooo over it, sad to say. i haven't seen their full line of racegear, but it looks like Yellow might be a hot item? that one has a pretty good selection of yellow

The Phobia... kinda cool... but i donno if i'd run that as a stock helmet option.

The Peaty... I like this one a lot..pretty sick! not so much w/ the dripping paint (left side).. w/ the Peaty cartoon character.. parts are ok. Overall it's pretty sweet. Peaty's one of my favorite riders... But on a helmet like that... i don't think i'd run it w/a cartoon of peaty. it's a cool sticker and all.. but just not on that lid. I would have like to have seen the sticker separate in the box... that way the customer could either put the peaty cartoon sticker on the helmet (to match peaty), or leave it off & put the sticker on their toolbox/car/notebook/etc.

just my 2 cents

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001

Wow. At Windrock...this jersey...equals death from Solar scarring...looks good though...but death!:

Aussies and Socal-ians rejoice...short sleeve TLD:

Can you spell...offset? Won't one's balance be thrown off by offset helmet logos and split screen helmet paint?

I saved the best for last. The Breakfast Club has a short....no top to match though:

Moto pants...but nobody gets excited over pants unless Jennifer Biel is rockin them:

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Ok, sorry, why is it called the peaty helmet? What resembles steve peat on it? Thanks...

Oh, nevermind, that was retarded, I thought they were 2 seperate helmets, I see now.

I like the phobia and The White Peaty helmet. But i wouldn;t, Buy Either... Maybe the Peaty helmet because Peaty Rocks, but i;d get it autographed and wouldn;t wear it hahaha.

I;m going for the, get a blank white helmet and do my own Sticker art, approach

DylanDeanDesign

Turbo Monkey
Dec 10, 2004
San Diego area, California USA
I like the phobia and The White Peaty helmet. But i wouldn;t, Buy Either... Maybe the Peaty helmet because Peaty Rocks, but i;d get it autographed and wouldn;t wear it hahaha.

I;m going for the, get a blank white helmet and do my own Sticker art, approach
the white peaty helmet? there's only one lid - it's a 1/2 & 1/2 style.

don't quote me on this, but i'm 99.9% sure that TLD doesn't offer white or blank helmets to the public. i know they didn't in the past, but things might have changed.. donno

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts

don't quote me on this, but i'm 99.9% sure that TLD doesn't offer white or blank helmets to the public. i know they didn't in the past, but things might have changed.. donno
i've tried to order plain carbon ones and plain white ones and they refused. i could have them paint one white for me they say...but that's kind of pointless.

DhDork

Monkey
Mar 30, 2007
Hell, AZ

Wooo, I'm liking it more then...:banana:

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
any ones back to helmets, the designs tld's SE and SE2 have are waaay sweeter, now I', thinking of buying an SE for bikeriding, much safer anyways, when you go down with a D2, things aren't soft...

or maybe get one of those 661 moto helmets, they're real sweet

Jul 19, 2002
Vancouver Washington
Why not spend alittle more and get the new Arai. Mine feels like putting pillows on my head. They dont have the best graphics but its not about a fashion show for me. TLD do have the best looking graphics.

ridea

Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
south west of England
there pretty bad, the flame type ones are nice if youve got the right colour kit but there pretty much the same as the ones 5 years ago. other than that there ither cheesy or for wanabees or both ala steve peat one, i cant see many of them selling, maby if it was cheep so all the kids could buy it but its a troy lee the majority of people who buy one dont want another persons name on it. Phobia is ok but pretty boring and abit gothic(might be your thing). I think the top ones do look quite cool cos' they look like a custom but then if more than one person buys one itll look crap that and the fact it has kinda custom graphics which wont relate to the people which buys them so it loses the custom effect sraight away, i wish theyd just stick to plane ish designs that look good withought going over the top and looking tacky.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
there pretty bad, the flame type ones are nice if youve got the right colour kit but there pretty much the same as the ones 5 years ago. other than that there ither cheesy or for wanabees or both ala steve peat one, i cant see many of them selling, maby if it was cheep so all the kids could buy it but its a troy lee the majority of people who buy one dont want another persons name on it. Phobia is ok but pretty boring and abit gothic(might be your thing). I think the top ones do look quite cool cos' they look like a custom but then if more than one person buys one itll look crap that and the fact it has kinda custom graphics which wont relate to the people which buys them so it loses the custom effect sraight away, i wish theyd just stick to plane ish designs that look good withought going over the top and looking tacky.
all good points. My 2004 is shot to hell or I'd have someone spray it white and throw a couple 79 Mustang stripes down it and be done.

Oh, well i only like the White side of the Peaty TLD haha.

iF i can;t get a plain white TLD, maybe i could get a custom Dylan Lid :happydance: