Quantcast

08 Trek Remedy

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
Well I can tell you that the fork kicks ass. I have one and I thus far consider it the best do it all fork that I have ever owned. As for the bike itself I have no experience.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
with a piggy back shock it could be pretty nice. It pedals really well, has pretty good angles, and doesn't squat a ton under braking. I was also sitting on about 5% sag after I kept bottoming out at 15% sag. I actually kept bottoming out then too, but it didn't feel so harsh. it was more of a "use all the travel".

oh, and this was at the sea otter XC course, where I'm pretty sure there is not even ONE rock.

The spec was rad, the weight was rad (rode a remedy 9) everything was cool but the shock. Great if you're riding XC or trail, but if you wanna be aggressive plan on a new shock.

my .02

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
with a piggy back shock it could be pretty nice. It pedals really well, has pretty good angles, and doesn't squat a ton under braking. I was also sitting on about 5% sag after I kept bottoming out at 15% sag. I actually kept bottoming out then too, but it didn't feel so harsh. it was more of a "use all the travel".

oh, and this was at the sea otter XC course, where I'm pretty sure there is not even ONE rock.

The spec was rad, the weight was rad (rode a remedy 9) everything was cool but the shock. Great if you're riding XC or trail, but if you wanna be aggressive plan on a new shock.

my .02
Odd, there must have been something wrong with your shock because we have one at the shop and it rides amazazing. I can't wait to get it out on the trail and ride it more. Nice bike, nice spec, looks great and cost nothing compared to the other bikes in it's class...should be a killer this year, just like the 88. Trek stepped it up!:banana:

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
Odd, there must have been something wrong with your shock because we have one at the shop and it rides amazazing. I can't wait to get it out on the trail and ride it more. Nice bike, nice spec, looks great and cost nothing compared to the other bikes in it's class...should be a killer this year, just like the 88. Trek stepped it up!:banana:
dont think so, it felt like a normal rp23 (or at least, just like every one i've ever ridden). Didn't feel like I was blowing through the travel, just wasn't very progressive.

The bike was pretty cool save for the shock. If I could change the shock to a piggy back air shock like a roco wc or manitou evolver I think the ride would have wowed me alot more. After coming off a 6.6SS the bike was a bit disappointing, but I think the SS was the best bike i've ever ridden for that travel range.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
This just in: Ross aboard a Trek Remedy wins all mountain world championship. Crushes two favored SC riders on the latest VPP iteration! New VPP failz!

http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/trek_vw/news/article/1021/2008/07/14/trekvws_schnell_wins_all_mountain_world_championship_aboard_remedy/

Racing aboard an all-new for 2008 Trek Remedy, Trek/VW team rider “Rad” Ross Schnell won this year’s 13th annual Downieville Classic All-Mountain Race, setting two course records and taking home World Championship honors in the process.

"Downieville’s no longer a one-horse town,” said “Rad” Ross, commenting on a performance that might finally put to rest the bragging of three-time All-Mountain Champ Jason Moeschler and seven-time Downhill Champ Mark Weir. Several other high profile athletes pulled up to the start line—including Brian Lopes, Myles Rockwell, Andreas Hestler and Kurt Voreis—in a quest to claim the prestigious title.
Damn I shouldn't have switched order to the BLT2 from the Remedy 8 :eek: ;)