Quantcast

09 DH Race Frames

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
i'm looking for weights. actually i'm looking for the lightest.

if the weights come up just post em here.

sorry if this thread is a repeat. didn't see one like this yet.

danielsapp414

Monkey
Mar 27, 2005
Boone, NC
With the Blindside, there aren't model years, things are just changed as they are needed. No changes are happening for the time being. It's a solid choice...it rides great and the price is pretty good. Mine built up with heavy wheels, heavy cranks, steel spring, and a floater is just a touch over 40, so they can definitely be built pretty light, easily 37 or less. sorry i didn't answer the original question

ROTFLMAO

Monkey
Nov 17, 2007
Maumee, Ohio
The '08 small B-Side that I had with an FSA orbit extreme headset, dhx 5 with 550# steel spring, and an aluminum aftermarket axle weighed 12.2# measured with an accurate and calibrated hanging scale FWIW.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I don't have weights, but I would say either the Orange 224 or the Trek Session 88. I had a 223 a couple years back that was 36 with steel springs, nothing drilled, and DH parts.....

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
I'm the biggest weight-weenie out there, and I think you'd be MAD to pick a frame based on it being "the lightest". All good DH frames weigh within 2-3lb of each other. A 37lb bike that you love as you picked the frame for the way it rides is INFINITELY better than a 34lb bike that is very light but doesn't ride how you like because you closemindedly picked the "lightest" frame.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Why lightest? :-)
World Champ Atherton's Commencal was 41lbs according to Dirt.
39lbs according to the spread done in last months MBA. In fact Gee's comments on most of the part spec included the word "lightest"

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I don't have weights, but I would say either the Orange 224 or the Trek Session 88. I had a 223 a couple years back that was 36 with steel springs, nothing drilled, and DH parts.....
The Orange used to be a lightweight frame, but most other manufacturers have caught up in the past year or so.

My 2007 224 frame is 8.66lbs with rear axle and shock hardware (no shock) The new Evo is about the same, it lost a little weight in the rear but gained a bit in the headtube.

regarding your 36lb 223 with steel spring and DH parts....sounds a bit optimistic.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
The Orange used to be a lightweight frame, but most other manufacturers have caught up in the past year or so.

My 2007 224 frame is 8.66lbs with rear axle and shock hardware (no shock) The new Evo is about the same, it lost a little weight in the rear but gained a bit in the headtube.

regarding your 36lb 223 with steel spring and DH parts....sounds a bit optimistic.
That was according to the digital scale at the shop, true, I have no way to prove it as I no longer have the bike, and the scale could have been off......

Here're some pics, you decide...... http://ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84105

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC

My 224 was 36 lbs with a steel spring and deemax's.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Actualy the lightest bike is not socom or trek but liteville 901. 170-200mm travel and 2.9kg frame weight. Also the new lapierre dh-920 should be very light as the old model was good and the new one is supposedly 600g less. It's also even more sexy than the session heil hitler(wonder why no1 spoted it so far :P )

http://www.liteville.com/t/22_98.html

What's strange is they have a pretty long warranty on it.

Still I'd not choose my new frame on the b

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
...blablabla... heil hitler...blablabla...
WTF???? is this necessary????

edit: i spotted it right after posting.... nevertheless not funny.... don't know if dh-nerds spot nazi-numerology, actually it's a good sign if they don't.

Last edited:

geetarhero

Chimp
Sep 13, 2006
Scotland
Can you measure the head angle? Dirt says 63 right? Sure looks nice and raked. Run it at Fort William yet? I would presume things are a bit cold and damp up your way:nopity:
sorry, have no way of measuring head angle. Would say it feels slacker than my old Sunday though.
Not tried at the fort yet. It's 4 hours away from me, so not worth the journey with the lift closed. Will be taking it to Innerleithen next weekend though to get scratched to **** in the back of a cattle truck.