Quantcast

09 saint single ring

otto42

Chimp
Jul 29, 2009
CO/NY
slapped on an e13 ring to my saint crank (just pulled it from the box) and it seems that I'm missing something for the installation...

judging by the exploded diagram shimano wants you to mount it with the bashguard, because there's just about enough extra space on the nut/bolt for the bushing/bash guard (both of which are not with my stuff). Not sure if the small bushing comes with the bashguard or I just got shafted. All that I'm using to install the ring it the gold aluminum bolt with the black steel nut.

Anyway, the ring just sorta flops around side to side, maybe 5mm of a gap in there.

Can't find too much information on this, found these on Jenson (looks like they're for last year's crank and a bash guard): http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/CG400Z00-Shimano+Saint+Chainring+Fixing+Bolts.aspx

can show photos if needed

otto42

Chimp
Jul 29, 2009
CO/NY
found what i was looking for right before I read your post! (but its an mrp) didn't make much sense to me to have those with the chainguide rather than with the crankset

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
DW and E13 post here, and that is the quickest pic. I could find.

Crank makers imply that you are running two rings, before the lg1 most people would have a ring and bash.

Shifters don't come with full length housing, maybe bad analogy, but the bike world is quirky.