Quantcast

'09 Shimano Saint... keep it coming.

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
Just got the new Saint RD-M810 SS in today's mail. As a connoisseur and destroyer of rear derailleurs, I can appreciate the burly new construction. Kudos to Shimano for the robust design and still keeping the weight to a modest 237g. The spring is insanely strong and will take an iron thumb to shift... but goodbye chain slap. I'm looking forward to the mode conversion for my Ultegra 6500 12-27 cassette with its tight gearing ratio.

I will give an updated report after some trail testing at Åre Bike Park (Sweden) next weekend. :cheers:

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I just got mine today too. It shifts so much better than my SRAM XO ever did - I think mostly because it follows the cassette so much closer and the springs are so strong.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
that thing looks good. i might have to get one to replace my x9 junk that doesnt want to shift in 9th gear.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.

QUOTE]

Any idea what that removable little plate thingie held by two bolts does?
I assume it's a mode setting where it allows the der for better fit for use with a 11-32/34 or road cassette. My guess. I removed mine. You have a manual?

My 175mm cranks survived.

I've had mine for nearly two weeks now with some good riding at Northstar. I have to say, I rode so bad last weekend that I used my brakes so much more than usual. Thank god it worked so good and I love the modulation compared to the old Saint.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Dang...I was thinkin you could some integrate that piece of metal into your hooking thing...........
i'm not suspending from a saint, or a sram derail. i'm nutty, but i'm not gonna put a hole that big in my flesh... yet.

...now if deity made hooks and rigs, i'd be in for the win.

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
Orvan said:
Any idea what that removable little plate thingie held by two bolts does?
I assume it's a mode setting where it allows the der for better fit for use with a 11-32/34 or road cassette. My guess. I removed mine. You have a manual?
The plate is the mode converter which is removed for DH cassettes. I made a ghetto scan of the manual... check your PM.