• #3 dG video

Votes: 66 88.0%

• Total voters

banj

Monkey
Apr 3, 2002
Ottawa, Ontario
dG video.

That one snappy little pump track thingy was killer.

That pipe is sweet bcd. What are you riding out of the view of the camera. Looks like there's a little hip/wallride or something.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
I could only watch BCD's and DG video's offerings ... my mac dont let me watch WMV

So from thoes 2 I'll have to go with DG video , good music and great trail rideing !!

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
In my opinion the 1 min Oscar is between BCD and DG. BCD had beauitful footage with an artsy flair and the addition of the fluttering leaves at the end was nice. DG brought the meat. The video was raw with a touch of gangster plus the track was hot.

My vote is for DG!

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
DG Video is hella better than the other two. IMO, Alex has a nack for choosing cruddy music. I usually like his flicks, but the music smells. and I've never seen any of opjones vids, but that tapping the tree with the rear tire was kinda ghey. DG got my vote.

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
My vote's for DG, then BCD, then opjones. DG's was much more pro-like, with someone behind the camera... Added a bit of a dynamic element. The other two got a little bland about halfway through, but BCD's had that artistic flare. Good stuff :thumb:

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Well sheet, at least I can vote for me-self :biggrin: I'm just starting to play around with vid now, getting a camera for x-mas. so rip away.

Cheers :cheers:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Well sheet, at least I can vote for me-self :biggrin: I'm just starting to play around with vid now, getting a camera for x-mas. so rip away.

Cheers :cheers:
lol, it needed more content, and full 1:00.

keep messign with it.

what camera do you have? render in MOV, MPEG or FLA.
they tend to be higher quality.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
DG had a better range of content. BCD was def more artistic. It takes a real man to use a Madonna track in his vid! Opjones, you're on to something. More footage and use the entire 1 min length and its on!

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
lol, it needed more content, and full 1:00.

keep messign with it.

what camera do you have? render in MOV, MPEG or FLA.
they tend to be higher quality.
Right now I'm just using my Kodak 5.1 digi camera to take vids. It takes vids in the .mov format, but I have riverpast that allows me to convert it.

But like I said for x-mas i'm going to buy a camcorder, looking to spend between $300 & $400, so if you have a suggestion, I'm listening.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Right now I'm just using my Kodak 5.1 digi camera to take vids. It takes vids in the .mov format, but I have riverpast that allows me to convert it.

But like I said for x-mas i'm going to buy a camcorder, looking to spend between $300 & $400, so if you have a suggestion, I'm listening.

pm me i'll give you a qhicktime crack so you can edits your mov's
clips in there and render h264, good stuff.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
OP

For a camera in that price range. Check out the Panasonic GS series. Most people only opt for Canon or Sony but those Panasonic cameras up to the GS500 are far better quality wise IMO. Ive seen some video from a GS500 and it looks Just as good as a $2,000 Sony DCR-VX2100.

Eggzoi

Monkey
Jan 6, 2006
Australia
Would have voted DG but the music hurt my ears so BCD. Riding wasn't that thrilling for a whole minute but reasonably artsy and props for the Pink Floyd (at least, I'm pretty sure). Pity about the camera wobble.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
we will do it again,

anyone have a "prize" for next time?
Alex we should make some cool throphys from old bike parts and bit's O frames

I'll dig through my swag pile and see what I can come up with for next time .

We should also give people more time to edit video clips and possibly get some new footy filmed so the parts can be better .

Anyone else want to throw in some prizes for next time , so possibly we could give awards for the top 3 ???

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
hey DG, what some competition?

lest do a new poll with 2 more guys in on it.

up for it? feel confident?

you guys finish yours and PM me the links

Banshee Rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
I thought the cut off was sunday night for submissions or something like that? Isn't that sort of like slipping a racer in who missed his start time by 30 minutes? Dg Video pretty much won it fair n' square in my book.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
hey DG, what some competition?

lest do a new poll with 2 more guys in on it.

up for it? feel confident?

you guys finish yours and PM me the links
Just give the shirt to DG and start a new video comp with enough time for everyone to get there submissions in .

Possibly a new comp that ends say DEC 24 ??
This would give everyone a full month to get there vidoes in !!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Nah, dg gets the shirt.........although that link to his vid doesn't work.

DG has the smutok advantage........heckler..........shut em down the mccaul secret weapon.

Dec 24? Jeez.........my buds and I could learn some new tricks by then. :D Christmas is a distraction. How bout two weeks?