#1 DH Frame

canfieldF1

Chimp
Mar 25, 2004
What frame first comes to mind when asked, "Whats the #1 DH frame?"

PS- I know a lot of it is preference

Apr 1, 2002
NY
iron horse, reasonably priced, sweet lookin , top notch performance, and awesome specs on the completes.

also, Giant dh bikes, jus a sick ride. i used one for a slalom race cause my brakes on my slalom bike $hit the bed rite b4 the race. 2.7's, super T and all 8 in in the rear, VERY effciant in the corners and acceleration.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Originally posted by canfieldF1
What frame first comes to mind when asked, "Whats the #1 DH frame?"

PS- I know a lot of it is preference

first thing that comes to mind is the turner dhr and the intense m1, v10 would come to mind but i think its a bit heavy.

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
v10 would come to mind but i think its a bit heavy.
Started getting mine together this weekend and its right on target for 40 pounds - I don't think that's too heavy?!?:eek:

Just waiting for hoops/hubs/rubber and rear derailluer/chain installation. Sitting at 25.3 pounds with everything else...

Attachments

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
The question was DH frame not whats the best racing DH frame.
ok, i'll bite. what makes the armageddon better than other DH frames? what other frames have you ridden and what does the karp do better than those?

HGR Frucci

Chimp
Feb 18, 2004
K12
The scale...

And in an effort not to detract from this topic, the best DH frame is the one that get's my @ss down the hill in one piece:D .

Attachments

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by narlus
ok, i'll bite. what makes the armageddon better than other DH frames? what other frames have you ridden and what does the karp do better than those?
Cause I own one, that makes it the best;) Which really is the best bike................Ask 100 people and you'll get 100 different answers. The bottom line is its all personal preferance.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Originally posted by MMike
No. Whatever Josh Bender is riding.
I would never buy a bike just because that idiot rode one. He is the main reason Jan would change things on the Armageddon. Glad I got an early one before Bender started talking Jan into making changes. That's how I got away with running a 7" fork. Ya know Kidwoo I wonder if that's why your bike was such an ill handler. Bender sucks and can't even ride a bike down a trail.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Cause I own one, that makes it the best;) Which really is the best bike................Ask 100 people and you'll get 100 different answers. The bottom line is its all personal preferance.
well i guess i was asking what makes the Karp the best bike for you, and how you arrived at that conclusion. but maybe i already know the answer?

:devil:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
Ah, the tri-dot thats the frame everyone should own :p
Or we could be like you... buy a frame, wait forever to get it, ride it a week, buy a different frame, and then wait for that one. You can all be like this guy and try EVERY frame in a span of a year. Then you can have an opinion on frames... ok!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by dhtahoe
Or we could be like you... buy a frame, wait forever to get it, ride it a week, buy a different frame, and then wait for that one. You can all be like this guy and try EVERY frame in a span of a year. Then you can have an opinion on frames... ok!
I really like my Army.

mikedee69

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Van City
I've ridden a few different DH machines ove the last few of years. RM7, Kona Stab, Turner DHR and now a Disco. Personally, for DH, I would go with the DHR. Very stable and stiff. It it well balanced in the air and it corners like it's on rails. Put an Avy DHS on the beast and it goes even faster!

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Lexx D
I was looking at one of those for next season but the BB is to low for me. Oh well the search continues.
You do know that the bb height is adjustable right...also we were just sent the new thrust link to raise the bb...you should email Karl for more up to date info...I don't think it's made it to the website yet....D

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Originally posted by BMXman
You do know that the bb height is adjustable right...also we were just sent the new thrust link to raise the bb...you should email Karl for more up to date info...I don't think it's made it to the website yet....D
Thanx I will, I was looking at that or the Helius ST.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by dhtahoe
Ya know Kidwoo I wonder if that's why your bike was such an ill handler. Bender sucks and can't even ride a bike down a trail.
true......I couldn't ride down a trail either....well ON the bike at least.

That wasn't it though. It rode like every other Army I've ridden, it was just too short of a front triangle. When I told this to Jan, he told me I was wrong and to quit mind fvcking myself.

After I got another bike, he started riding an XL front triangle and told me I was right about it not wanting to dive as much.

THAT's why his bikes ride like ass. He doesn't listen to the WOO.

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Originally posted by Acadian
it's not out yet..
i think that whoever makes it, needs to retire on the spot, cuz where's there to go from the top? ;)
i don think there ever will be a best -- just a whole lot of really good ones!