Quantcast

#1 DH Frame

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
:rolleyes: pfft. You all know it's the new Canfield F1 hands down . . . keep on the lookout for pics of the finely tuned production frames within the next few weeks . . . I'm so psyched!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by kidwoo
That wasn't it though. It rode like every other Army I've ridden, it was just too short of a front triangle. When I told this to Jan, he told me I was wrong and to quit mind fvcking myself.

After I got another bike, he started riding an XL front triangle and told me I was right about it not wanting to dive as much.

THAT's why his bikes ride like ass. He doesn't listen to the WOO.
Whats the story with this?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Whats the story with this?
I bought an army two winters ago. Jan and Town said I'd be fine with the s/m frame. It had about a 2mm long top tube, total midget bike......the same size as the polished one town used to ride. Anyway, it rode like ass because the headtube was between my knees and with the way the rear end extends on those bikes, it just felt awful. I had to pretty much ride in a manual the whole time. Plain and simple, I just needed a large.

Jan's brilliant advice was that I was just wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. He was on a large and so someone my size needed to be on a medium. Town said the same thing (mostly I think because he looks up to Jan so much.......his idol). Both just kept telling me to move the seat tower back even though this does nothing for how the bike feels when your only contact points are your feet and your hands.

So I got another bike (turner) that fit me much better. Shortly after Jan and I had that discussion, we go riding one of our shuttle spots and I notice he's on a different frame (an XL with a longer BB to heatube measurement). He tells me how much better it rides and how he doesn't have to force himself over the rear wheel anymore. Town is now riding a large disco as well; not because of me but because he went faster on that bike in a race.

You asked..........

Listen to the woo.:D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by kidwoo
I bought an army two winters ago. Jan and Town said I'd be fine with the s/m frame. It had about a 2mm long top tube, total midget bike......the same size as the polished one town used to ride. Anyway, it rode like ass because the headtube was between my knees and with the way the rear end extends on those bikes, it just felt awful. I had to pretty much ride in a manual the whole time. Plain and simple, I just needed a large.

Jan's brilliant advice was that I was just wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. He was on a large and so someone my size needed to be on a medium. Town said the same thing (mostly I think because he looks up to Jan so much.......his idol). Both just kept telling me to move the seat tower back even though this does nothing for how the bike feels when your only contact points are your feet and your hands.

So I got another bike (turner) that fit me much better. Shortly after Jan and I had that discussion, we go riding one of our shuttle spots and I notice he's on a different frame (an XL with a longer BB to heatube measurement). He tells me how much better it rides and how he doesn't have to force himself over the rear wheel anymore. Town is now riding a large disco as well; not because of me but because he went faster on that bike in a race.

You asked..........

Listen to the woo.:D
I kinda had that discussion with Jan when I ordered my frame, he said I could go for either since Jan & I are the same size. Liking the way my Disco felt I stayed with the large and didn't go for the XL in fear that it would feel too big for me as I prefer a smaller frame. So far it has a very similar feel to the Disco.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
I kinda had that discussion with Jan when I ordered my frame, he said I could go for either since Jan & I are the same size. Liking the way my Disco felt I stayed with the large and didn't go for the XL in fear that it would feel too big for me as I prefer a smaller frame. So far it has a very similar feel to the Disco.
I like bikes with long front ends and almost no stem. Intense, turner and a few others build for this. Ventanas, karpiels etc seem to cater to the tight, sharp turning front ends. It's all preference. I was just trying to make the point that Jan doesn't listen to others too much. He's stubborn like me.;)

Msisle Dad

Monkey
Jul 1, 2003
Catonsville, MD
The M-1 ,It is the standard. We bought one because of recommendations from other good riders, how the bike fared in the amatuer ranks (not riding free product), and finally because of their warrenty

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Originally posted by Banga
I just sold me 01 FOES DHS mono and have to wait for a month till my new 04 Mono arrives, thats my pick, everything else seems like a wet noodle to me now.
:stupid:
Well said. I'm surprised it took so long for someone to mention the mono. The new Ventana El-Cuervo looks very very nice too.